What is my engine called?

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I tried to get an old-style aircleaner out of Blue Collar for what I thought was a DAX, but apparently that is not the corrct name for my supposedly 80cc Chinese moped kit. Is it a Happy Time, or China Girl, or what? It is just the standard pint-sized Whizzer tank and the noisy gearcase thing that comes with an almost 41 chain and a black chainguard and a white killswitch wire that is believed capable of running a headlight. Can anybody tell me what voltage headlight would work? The aircleaner cover I need is a black plastic thing with air intake tubes pointed down and secured with a radial pin on one side and a screw on the other. The first parts source told me it was obsolete and I should buy his carburator complete with air cleaner. The other Blue Collar, said I should call Dax, which is what I did origionally. I recently discovered I still have a Kawasaki Green Streak 100cc in a bucket, and I think it might fit the frame just as good. Keith (trackfodder) Williams:crash:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You pose a most interesting questions. They are NOT happy time or China Girl those are nicnames given them by the forums. To my knowledge there is not real way to distinguish one from the other. They are all chinese manufactured bike engine kits. I have heard they are made in different factories and each factory does things more or less differently. I can't swear to that though.

I am also told that the parts from one factory may or may not interchange. I would not be surprised to that that true either way. How to order the parts, I would just contact the dealer who sold it to me. He may or may not have what you need. This is really a kind of red headed step child hobby.

Good luck but I do assure you it is not a true 80cc engine.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
If it was imported by Grubee I believe it would be called a 'Starfire' or 'Skyhawk' engine.

Grubee Inc.

Red-headed step child hobby??? LOL

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Chinese frame mount or Chinese in frame engine CIF.
"Grubee Starfire" is what you want to tell 'em when looking for parts.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
You are right--Grubee it is . Now where is a parts source? Is the larger one called a Starfire? I bought the larger one at the time from Ebay. At that time there was a supplier in Oklahoma for parts but he never answered my emails. This smacks of the beginning of autos, where every garage was a factory for a few months. Thanx guys
Keith (trackfodder) Williams(^)

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
OK guys, Im back. I just Googled GRUBEE Starfire and found the dealer in Okla. City, or close to it. They have a good web page and apparently there is a newer version of the ChinaGAS engine available. Since 2006 no 2-strokes have been allowed in the country but there is still old stock. Click on ABOUT US and get the story how DON GRUBE bought one 50cc back from China and the reception caused him to form a co. to sell them. Interesting read There is an email address, [email protected] where you can see about stuff. The chick on the home page is holding a bike with what looks like a LARGER than Whizzer tank on it. That should be about a month's supply !
Keith (trackfodder) Williams:ride::ride:

Last edited: