hello guys i'm new

GoldenMotor.com

porter

Aug 14, 2008
hi people i'm from winnipeg manitoba canada and i'm new and want to say hello. i just ordered a kit after seeing my brothers ride. fun stuff anyway hello all

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Welcome porter

There are several good spots in Winnipeg to ride . I especially like riding down Scotia to Kildonan park and then the cross city ride to Assiniboine park . I often take my bike on the bike rack to River road and cruise to Lockport for a Skinners dog . See you at the Forks some time .

D.J.

porter

Aug 14, 2008
Welcome porter

There are several good spots in Winnipeg to ride . I especially like riding down Scotia to Kildonan park and then the cross city ride to Assiniboine park . I often take my bike on the bike rack to River road and cruise to Lockport for a Skinners dog . See you at the Forks some time .

D.J.
do they let people drive these bikes around at the forks? i would think it would raise a few concerns from well lets just say the red and blue light gang and the red tape patrol lol. my friends and brother are cruising at night mostly and i should be able to join them in the next week or so when my engine gets here. maybe we'll see you around what style and color is your bike?

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
It is illegal to ride these bikes anywhere in the city . It is a good idea to invest in a good set of mirrors so you can see them sneaking (slithering) up behind you . Also learn how to ghost pedal well and be quick on the kill switch button . If you get a ticket frame it and hang it up like a medal of honour . ..... D.J.

Rage against "the machine" with your machine .

This is my ride .

Last edited:

porter

Aug 14, 2008
It is illegal to ride these bikes anywhere in the city . It is a good idea to invest in a good set of mirrors so you can see them sneaking (slithering) up behind you . Also learn how to ghost pedal well and be quick on the kill switch button . If you get a ticket frame it and hang it up like a medal of honour . ..... D.J.

Rage against "the machine" with your machine .

This is my ride .
from what my friends tell me they have seen police and they don't even seem to notice them riding. one of them was even stopped and asked how it works by one of the boys in blue. where in the law does it say these are illegal to ride within the city? i would love to tell my friends before they get caught

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
It has to do with classification . A power assisted bicycle can only be electric .

Because it is gas powered and you have control over the clutch it is classified as a motorcycle . You then need all of the DOT approved equipment (turn signals, lights, horn, registration, insurance etc. ) .

With an automatic (centrifugal clutch) you could classify it as a moped . Again the same DOT equipment is required .

It comes down to if it is powered by gas it is no longer a bicycle . It all depends on the mood of the cop that is pulling you over though . ..... D.J.

sb bikes

Jul 24, 2008
owosso michigan
I live in michigan where if its 49 cc and under its a moped,over that like my 80 cc bike its considered a motor cycle. In both cases have to have all dot euipment. Im glade the motor is not labled the 80 cc !!