Gearhead with a new toy

GoldenMotor.com

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
i finally made it thru the terribly slow break in period on my rig and i got 42.4mph with a stock 44t setup on 700c tires. i cant wait to add all the goodies i can starting of course with my homemade boost and no2 kits and the first reasonably priced 32-34t sprocket i can get my hands on. if anyone knows a site where i can order a pretapped manifold and a small sprocket id love to hear about it. ill post pics when my bike is a little less ghetto. i built it from a rawmotors.com 80cc slant black kit and a diamondback roadbike frame i dug out of the trash. i currently have a 26in mountain bike tire on the front (yes thats the speedo side and i did calibrate my speedo accordingly) and i finally got brakes :D my kit told me to do my break in at 15k but that was barely idle speed so i did my break in at 15mph instead doesnt seem to have had a negative affect yet. also, pending some further experimentation i seem to gain a signifigant power increase when i remove the baffle. does anyone sell baffles with oversize bores? anyway ill keep yall posted thx for any help u provide.wee.

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
my first "mod" was a success. tho it is a tiny free mod i got a nice lil midrange boost and signifigantly reduced noise and vibe. all i did was cut a few slits in my bore.. one every inch for four inches in the four cardinal directions. i was hoping to make it a lil louder but had quite the opposite effect... strange. lemme know wat yall think

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
my first "mod" was a success. tho it is a tiny free mod i got a nice lil midrange boost and signifigantly reduced noise and vibe. all i did was cut a few slits in my bore.. one every inch for four inches in the four cardinal directions. i was hoping to make it a lil louder but had quite the opposite effect... strange. lemme know wat yall think
I'm baffled.....just baffled.

dnut

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
as am i. best i can guess is i lucked out and cut the pipe to the exact resonance of the motor. or there could be a pulsation dampening effect going on from the multiple inlets. wish i had a dyno machine to show concrete results. or had thought to put a db meter on it before i cut pipe r.ly.

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
okkk so i ate s*#t monday im back up and running at full speed again bout to throw on a new mod letcha know im runnin a steady 30mph regardless of grade and wind with 42.4 my top goin with a tailwind

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
got a sprocket on it 36t almost hit 50mph and my tensioner came loose and jammed my spokes i almost ate sh%t again but its cool ill start over