Hydrogen used to run 4 stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Hi guys,

I've got quite the project ahead of me. Right now the project is in my mind, except for the bicycle I plan on implementing it on. I have a chopper style converted trike I picked up for $80.00 and it just needs some love, the back of it has a lot of potential because I have space to build.

I plan on housing my HHO (Hybrid Hydrogen + Oxygen) kit on the rear..... Now..

In theory, because HHO already has oxygen, do I need the carburetor at all? Can't I just feed the gas directly into the intake valve?

thoughts?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Alright ,,Now we're talkin'..............do you produce it on the go or do you have a storage system?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
your right if you are not putting hydrogen in the tank by its self,I didn't think your first post through ,you are using a combo of hydrogen and oxygen,that is ready for combustion,,,,,hydrogen alone in a tank is like propane in a tank ,like city cars run on or bb-q grills use,no oxygen no explosion

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
Can a reasonably-sized electrolysis cell even produce enough gas to run that size of an engine?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
There are some experiments on u-tube,I dont know how to just find them,but they were running lawnmowers

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
your right if you are not putting hydrogen in the tank by its self,I didn't think your first post through ,you are using a combo of hydrogen and oxygen,that is ready for combustion,,,,,hydrogen alone in a tank is like propane in a tank ,like city cars run on or bb-q grills use,no oxygen no explosion
HHO doesn't have an explosive reaction, it has an implosive reaction. I want to remove the carb and use a direct feed from my bubbler.

The engine should run?

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
There are some experiments on u-tube,I dont know how to just find them,but they were running lawnmowers
You're right.. I have found this video that seems relevant to converting a 4 stroke gas powered engine into a 2 stroke hho engine. The thought came to me that you need to remove the carb because hho has oxygen already in it.

Some modifications can be done to make this possible. Here is one video I have referenced related to this conversion. Alot of things I have read on this topic suggest it can be done for larger engines but with more electrical juice.

YouTube - 4 Stroke Conversion to HHO Implosion 2 Stroke Explained (3)

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
you need too see how a propane carb set-up works so you have a varible speed throtle body(carb)

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
You're right.. I have found this video that seems relevant to converting a 4 stroke gas powered engine into a 2 stroke hho engine. The thought came to me that you need to remove the carb because hho has oxygen already in it.

Some modifications can be done to make this possible. Here is one video I have referenced related to this conversion. Alot of things I have read on this topic suggest it can be done for larger engines but with more electrical juice.

YouTube - 4 Stroke Conversion to HHO Implosion 2 Stroke Explained (3)
more amp alternater and more hho converters

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
more amp alternater and more hho converters
This project won't include an alternator cus I need to prove the idea to work. I'll charge battery manually, but hopefully I can get the engine to run properly, without much modification...duh.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
HHO doesn't have an explosive reaction, it has an implosive reaction. I want to remove the carb and use a direct feed from my bubbler.

The engine should run?
MadC,

You need to do a lot more homework. Hydrogen is VERY volatile...explosive!!! An implosion is the inverse of what you will experience with Hydrogen.

Taken from, "How things work" Simply because it was easier than describing it myself.

"A Real Implosion?
Strictly speaking, an implosion is an event where something collapses inward, because the external atmospheric pressure is greater than the internal pressure. For example, if you pumped the air out of a glass tube, it might implode."

You can not simply remove the carb and feed the engine with Hydrogen. The best case scenario...you will ruin the engine. The worst case scenario...you will ruin the engine and parts of it will be lodged in you!!!

Jim

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
I build these systems (lots) I have two in my truck. Iam building a unit just for my bike motor. Ill use a mini might mag and a 12 volt batt hooked up to a pulse width modulator unit I make. Ill feed mine into the intake with a billet booster intake. I hope not to blow up anything lol but to just combust the gas a little better..

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The vid is wrong or our experiments in school created the impossible,we got expanding explosions,if the vid was correct then how do they get tons and tons of space shuttle to go up,,,that is explosin ( expanding volume) not implosin(colapsing volume)hydrogen is like starting wood on a campfire you blow extra air (oxygen) on the embers and they burn hotter and lite the new wood fast (Hydrogen),,,,oxygen is needed to make hydrogen release its power,,,,,,

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
The folks in India are very inventive...Yes, I have had first hand experience working with engineers from India. I have the utmost respect for thier ability to think through things...and come up with new innovations. They have a passion for invention and design that was once the main-stay of U.S. thought.

The vid presents a theory...Introducing HHO into a vacuum will not create an additional vacuum, (Implosion), that will "pull" the piston upward...It's a nice thought...but it ain't gonna happen.

Experiment with it youself...

I will leave you with this...be very carefull when messing around with Hydrogen...it explodes!!!

Jim

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I build these systems (lots) I have two in my truck. Iam building a unit just for my bike motor. Ill use a mini might mag and a 12 volt batt hooked up to a pulse width modulator unit I make. Ill feed mine into the intake with a billet booster intake. I hope not to blow up anything lol but to just combust the gas a little better..
By "gas" you're referring to hydrogen + oxygen gas correct? Not gasoline, hydrogen + oxygen mixture.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
You need to be using a 4 cycle motor,,beacause 2 cycle need the oil added to the carb intake for lubbing the engine