Monarch Repoduction fork durability and longivity?

GoldenMotor.com

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
looking to do a custom srpung front end on my next cruiser build. Tho pricey, i was eyeballing the Monarch repo forks. I have a custom disc wheel for the front end, and ChoppersUS sells disc brake adapters for these forks, Perfect :D

just wondering if any y'all been riding these forks and how well they hold up with added weight and road use. im not a heavy rider, but still want the absorber to work properly.
ive also read of these forks being not so well made..
read a post of a regular ridin Felt with this front end and it folded up!! :O

another consideration which would be easiest is the Springer forks from Sunlite.
built in brake bosses, and comes in 1 1/8, but i want full disc if i can!! :D

if there is anything to consider and look out for on the Monarch forks, any advice would be much appreciated.

Beej

Jun 7, 2010
San Diego, CA
Talk to Venice Motor Bikes, he does a monark fork that they build up to be much more heavy duty. He also sells the disc brake adapters for them. They look sick. I am definitely saving for a set.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks for the plug Beej!

Yes, I sell the standard & heavy duty Monark forks & the disc brake adapters for them.
I also sell the chrome Schwinn style springers & the disc adapters for those as well.
My newest adapter plates are made of mirror polished stainless steel! (^)

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Just My 2 pesos... I would go with Venices adapter for the brakes..He makes them specifically for the Monarch forks. I have the adapter from choppers US and It would be a PITA to get it to work with those forks. As far as the forks go get the BEEFY ones from Venice it seems pricey but I tried mine before I sent them out for BEEFING-UP,... You will say.... "I wish I spent the couple extra bucks"
Cheers
Chainmaker

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
thanks for the quick replies!! havnt been on this forum for a while, great support! :D

ill shoot ya a PM Venice :D