HF Predator Pre-build questions

GoldenMotor.com

JaxInsany

May 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Hello everyone, I'm trying to put together a mental list of the things I need to do/acquire to mount a HF 79cc predator engine. This will be my first endeavor with 4 stroke engines (having already built one MB from a 2 stroke 50cc kit already) and I aim to absorb as much information as I can before I get started! Feel free to direct me to other threads that have the information I need.

I understand that I should remove the governor and get/aquire a mount plate, its the clutch, throttle, and transmission/gearing that gets me confused.

What sort of setup do I need to run the drive of the engine to a rear sprocket? I don't necessarily need to have the ability to shift gears (i'm not a speed demon). Do I also need to make a custom throttle housing? Do these engines idle on their own without an add-on clutch assembly? These are all basic questions but I only seek to understand the major components of DIY 4 stroke fabrication. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Go to agk and look how to remove gov..... Not hard.....

Look at their throttle package for it.... Very easy too..$20

Then you need jackshaft and clutch... About $200.....

You need a mounting plate.... buy 4 stroke mounting plate and you can drill holes where you need them..... The mounting plate from agk has elongated holes for adjustment.... But you still need the mounting plate parts from standard 4 stroke kit....

I just put one together but havnt put it on my bike yet.....

Also, if you have access to a welder, get rid of stock exhaust and make ur own... very simple....

A cone style air filter is also a great addition.... Makes it look much better so it doesn't look like you have lawn equipment on your bike.....

JaxInsany

May 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Go to agk and look how to remove gov..... Not hard.....

Look at their throttle package for it.... Very easy too..$20

Then you need jackshaft and clutch... About $200.....

You need a mounting plate.... buy 4 stroke mounting plate and you can drill holes where you need them..... The mounting plate from agk has elongated holes for adjustment.... But you still need the mounting plate parts from standard 4 stroke kit....

I just put one together but havnt put it on my bike yet.....

Also, if you have access to a welder, get rid of stock exhaust and make ur own... very simple....

A cone style air filter is also a great addition.... Makes it look much better so it doesn't look like you have lawn equipment on your bike.....

Is there any particular reason I need a jackshaft kit? Also, for the clutch, would i only need the cable and a clutchlever?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The jackshaft will allow the engine to spin at a reasonable RPM in relation to the rear wheel.
The clutch will need to be a automatic, centrifugal type.
If your frame's triangle is big enough, you can easily mount the engine with the cylinder held vertically with a mount kit from Venice. Just ask him about it, I have never seen it offered on his website.
http://venicemotorbikes.com/
He is a member here too.