Clutch arm comes loose

GoldenMotor.com

s1rvr15

Jan 16, 2016
Hales Corners, WI, USA
I have a 66/80cc 2 stroke that I just got running the other day, and the clutch arm keeps popping out of its slot on the drive sprocket cover whenever I hit a bump with the engine engaged. Right now I have gorilla taped it to the cover so it can swing, but won't pop out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You're missing the alignment pin that keeps the arm in the clutch actuator cover. They come from the factory either glued in or the good ones are peened so they can't come out.
The pin is about 3/32: in diameter or about 4mm in diameter.

If you remove the cover you'll see a hole where the pin is supposed to go. You can replace it with a short length of steel rod, a roll pin or something similar.

While you have things apart be sure to lubricate the moving parts with a good grade of bearing grease. The cam, the bucking bar and the ball bearing all need to be lubricated periodically.

Tom

s1rvr15

Jan 16, 2016
Hales Corners, WI, USA
Oh, okay, thanks much! Now another question, I was going to start my bike today, and it ran for a couple of seconds before it locked up, and now it is totally seized. It works with the clutch disengaged, but with the motor engaged, it will not move at all.