Brand New Chinese 66cc kit won't start. No spark(?)

GoldenMotor.com

ChupaBaby

Jul 5, 2015
british Columbia
i bought a brand new generic Chinese motorized bike kit off eBay the other day. It's a 66(80cc) kit with a slant head. After installing it I couldn't get it to start. I'm sure it's getting fuel because the plug is wet when I pull it out. I've checked for spark multiple times and I only SOMETIMES got a spark ( like 2/20 times).However I still couldn't get it to start. I've tried adjusting the clutch but I'm positive it is engaging and the engine is turning over when I am trying to start it. I've also checked all my wires from the magneto to the plug cap. I recently replaced the spark plug with a NGK H6BS one and replacing the spark plug wire but I am still not getting spark. However the plug wire I bought was a strange lead coil one, and the inside is a kind of fibre. Should I replace it again?

The strange thing is that if I go pretty fast the engine almost seems to carry me, and I can almost keep my momentum. But as soon as I go up a slight hill or hold in the clutch the engine dies instantly.

is it possibly that I got a bad magneto or a bad CDI? I noticed that the wires are wired strange on the magneto, I included a pic. ( unless it didn't upload properly. I noticed the black wire seems to be wired to the copper coup part of the magneto as well grounded in the wrap frame part.)

ChupaBaby

Jul 5, 2015
british Columbia
Tried testing my CDI as I'm 80% sure that's the issue.

I'm getting 6.6k ohms from the black lead to the base of the spark plug wire
No activity on Positive lead on BLUE wire and Negative lead on BLACK wire
The 6.6k ohms is way out of spec according to your guide. Is my CDI a dud?