Got Burglarized Today

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Got Burglarized today while at work. Where I work on automobiles now it is like putting out fires already. Folks really need their cars back. Got a phone call from an officer where by I calmly told boss man what was going on and that I had to leave. He said go on get out of here! Great boss. Lucky we were slow today at the shop.

In a nut shell Morini S6C engines are basically extinct. I had one sitting in the corner of my living room... brand new one untouched. It is gone now. So wanted to say if it should turn up on Ebay mebbe? Someone could spot it and let me know? Not sure was guessing mebbe shipping origin can be found out? Dunno?

Lost more stuff too. Not the end of the world. Can replace that stuff at least no lives were lost or anybody got hurt. I had home owners insurance never had to make a claim before. Dunno if they are gonna give me a run around ether? Had a nosy neighbor that stopped them and flawless mug shots on my DVR.

They would have stole that too if they had just a few more moments. Just got done looking at the footage makes me sick.

Lets see how I sleep tonight?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh man. That makes me sick. I can only imagine the feeling of invasion you must be having, and rage too. Thieves are the lowest. Too lazy to work for a living and prey off those who do.
I hope they catch the scum or at least your insurance covers your losses. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Tom

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Sorry to hear about your break in and hope you get your stuff back. In some ways you can be glad your neighbor is nosy even if that can be a pain when you don't want them nosing around.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Man, can't the criminals take a break at Christmas? Sorry to hear about your loss. Good that your neighbor got a picture of them. It will help the police identify. Keep an eye out on Craigslist for your Morini.

My LBS just had someone ride away with a bmx. He's been in business over 30 years and this is the first time it's ever happened. He didn't expect it at X-mas time.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Sorry to hear about the bad news Goat. I'm glad nobody got hurt.
My Mrs always takes forever to leave the house because she locks everything down like Fort Knox. Also I have great neighbors and we all look out for each other.
Hopefully, your lost comes out alot more than your deductable. If not, make it! j/k LOL
Here in the Bay Area, we have idiot thieves following around the Fex Ex or UPS drivers and snag the boxes after the driver drops off the package. In fact on the news today, some lady was pushing a stroller and ran up to a door step and snagged a package off the porch and it was caught on tape. It really sucks that there are so many desperate people out there looking to make a quick buck at good people's expense.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's a total bummer man. I know, because it happened to me twice. Actually right before Christmas is one of most dangerous times of the year for a break-in, especially in the middle of the day.

What solved our problem is, we didn't get an alarm system, we got a sign that says we got an alarm system. When we moved we took it with us and it's actually been very effective. Both houses on either side of us have been burglarized, but not our house.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Goat Herder, I am sincerely sorry to hear about this. We may have had our disagreements in the past, but in no way would I ever wish something like this on anyone. I hope you get your stuff back. The idiot thieves probably don't even know what that Morini engine is, or what its worth. Who knows if it will turn up on ebay or not? Hopefully you will find it though.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I consider it completely against my morals to steal from another person. I have no respect for thieves and am not knowing friendly with any. I despise thieves.

Nice score that you got their mugs on cam. That's gonna help, buddy. Print pics and post em everywhere around you. Today's processing power can perform wonders, too :D

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Really sorry to hear that Goat......hope they get caught and spend some time in a frozen prison for their holidays. The two things I hate (and I do mean HATE) are people who text while driving and thieves. They will pay the price.......eventually. No excuse for stealing, PERIOD!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thanks guy's. My being between jobs all summer trying to find a good one again. I had decent DVR footage on my house. It was not enough. As it was no longer linked to the internet.

Now I am looking into alarm systems today to install as well. Have no friggin idea what is a good deal or what is available? Being that I got cams already in place mebbe there is some sort of price break dunno?

Figured out I was missing some car keys too.

My bikes are still here which is cool. Just feels like I am in a race of time now? One does not feel safe after this..

It got so danged cold here in the morning for a bike trek to work I had just now started using my truck. Hella warm in that one. Just sunk a chunk of change into that old truck too. So go figure that is when a stranger could figure I was not home?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That sucks GH, friggin buggers. If they have your truck keys, you should look into a hidden ignition cut-off switch ASAP! Or bring in your coil wire when you get home... or pull the right fuses from the box, something.

I found a 16channel dvr,w/no hard drive is still $200 ouch

this one was only $130, comes with cams

so they are out there, might take some digging through Amazon to find a standalone dvr.

And like biknut said, even a sign in the window is a good deterrent. Plus places sell motion sensor alarms for like $20 to scare ppl off if they do get in. Home Depot has one for $20 with a remote control if you set it off yourself.

So yea, even a new sign and a cheapy motion sensor will give you some peace of mind until you can get a full blown system going again. And that's what its all about right? Peace of mind. Hope you can find some soon man.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Most cops will tell you that the best deterrent against burglary or a home invasion is a big dog. I realize dogs are not for everyone but I'll always have one. My Golden Retriever might not attack anyone but his bark sounds viscious enough to make them think twice before trying to get in. We actually have two dogs. The little one is the first responder and the big guy takes over and makes all the noise.

Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I got a great large amstaff dog with a pretty big heart. It is about 14 years old now? Problem is I think it would run off with the mail man.. This guy just did not work out well for me in this instance. He was in the back yard at the time. They still went back there too.

Got my fingers crossed mebbe the alarm company will get here in the next 30 min or so. Dang they just called.. it will be 5:30 now. I can get this over with and go back to work. Funny this don't feel like a vacation playing hooky and all lol. I just wanna go back to making money and put it behind me.

This household is a bit disgruntled ATM. Got everyone calmed down. Just no money this time of year. Well its a bit tight here anyway. Gonna have to give up a toy or too I don't mind just cleaning house at this point feels pretty good. Does not do well to hoard up anything I will absolutely never use as it is. Come to think of it gonna get rid of all my old guitars and music gear I just don't ever mess with them anymore and will not miss them at all.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Man GH I know exactly how you feel, I got hit in the mid 80's. I was the first home and found the door from the garage kicked open, I lost almost my whole gun collection. Ten in all and a compound bow, I had the sn# of them and still have not hear of any turning up. This all happened in 1986. "Beware of pet snake" signs at each door will scare off 99% of thieves!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Welcome to the club - :)

I've been burgled thrice. Yeah, sucks.

Since the neighbors were there to protect you, I don't think you need to worry about them coming back.

Don't worry about it. There's much worse in the world. Have a good sleep.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Got a alarm in finally. Pretty kewl at night the garage is protected and it has a voice that goes off to say witch doors, windows, inferred are open etc. Dang thing is another bill tho . Gonna be 37 dollars a month now. It does tell me the weather on the screen. :p

So like I got this alarm and Hoodlums can still do a smash and grab. Lol Oh well.. Does make me feel good having it tho.

Have not heard from the insurance company yet? Waiting to see if I get the run around? Insurance company run around? Naw they wouldn't? rotfl Wouldn't you know it... never did hear back from the detective concerning my video footage yet. Huh

See what happens back to work

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dealing with insurance companys can be tough, I found out the hard way between what I had and what I should have had. I had basic insurance on the contents, for a few dollars more I could have had replacement insurance. Instead of losing value every year I could have replaced my gun collection. I have replacement cost insurance now.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Should call/email your local paper, that'll get them hopping with any luck after they see an article about your house. and one of those $20 motion sensors will scare noobs off...

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
If your loss was less than a grand or 2 I would not have even called the insurance co.

Counts as a claim even if they pay you no money (or little because of deductable or depreciation). Just another reason to write you off later.