4 Stroke Beach Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Vintage Rider

Apr 26, 2012
Long Island
Here are a few shots of my beach cruiser powered by tecumseh 5 hp engine. I lengthened the frame a bit to accomadate the engine. I wanted the engine somewhat centered in the frame so I offset the drive line with a home made jack shaft. Notice the lube fittings on the bearings. This bike snaps you right up to top speed and settles down on the governor. Cruises beatifully, sounds great to . Wheels are Worksman, with drum brake up front and coaster rear. Pedals still funtion. It has Long Horn handle bars, pretty cool.
I like the patina look so I dulled the color down with some black paint, added old seat. I may strip it down and hit it up with some shine and a new seat......
I'll be posting this bike in the swap section soon, i need to make room for new projects. Enjoy!

Attachments

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Great job, I like the jackshaft blocks, frame mods, and the overall patina is awesome.

It looks like it's geared a little high. I would try about a 20 to 24t on the jackshaft and loose the govenor. Prolly improve performance and clutch life about 50%.

Last edited: