200w petrol motor

GoldenMotor.com

Mixotricha

Feb 5, 2013
Melbourne
So I installed the kit. You know what. Any respect I had for law or government in this country is entirely gone. This is a complete crock. The whole 200W thing is a joke.

I knew it would be but I wanted to see what it is that they thought was, 'acceptable' ...

In short this transformed my safe decent efficient economical transport in to something that is next to useless and actually quite dangerous.

We all know that power is important. Power to pull away from things. Power while making turns. It is dangerous as s*** to pull out in to an intersection with a motor that might stall at any moment and that runs like it has a cold.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
are you running a single speed setup?

a shift kit will help.

I would keep the fuel jet and intake restrictor and your own air filter and exhaust.

Mixotricha

Feb 5, 2013
Melbourne
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty.

So what comes next is a rev limiter that can be switched in and out. I note that the legislation doesn't say anything about -how- a motor should be restricted. . . . :)

Going to start on the rev cut tomorrow.

Roc_Doc

Mar 14, 2013
Australia, Hunter
Hi All, Now this may be a disrespectful quesion from a Noob, however, I was just wondering, how much are you guys pedalling?

I am a lifeloing cyclist and am keen as mustard to get a motorised bike, (Following in the steps of My grandfather, who had a motorised Bike in the 1940's before graduating up to an Indian Scout....) , but I don't want to get nicked by the police so I would certainly buy the 200watt motor. Anyhow, I was just wondering, for a fit cyclist, can you still belt along at a respectable speed with 200watts?

Zbox says that their motor (Dyno tested these days) will push you at 20-30KPH, am I right in thinking that that is with minimal pedalling input? How fast when pedalling, 40/50KPH?

Or would the engine in fact be a drag on me going faster than 30KPH?

I was going to adress these questions to Both ZBOX and Rock Solid but I wanted to hear the truth from someone else than a salesman.

Cheers.

Last edited:

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Hi All, Now this may be a disrespectful quesion from a Noob, however, I was just wondering, how much are you guys pedalling?

I am a lifeloing cyclist and am keen as mustard to get a motorised bike, (Following in the steps of My grandfather, who had a motorised Bike in the 1940's before graduating up to an Indian Scout....) , but I don't want to get nicked by the police so I would certainly buy the 200watt motor. Anyhow, I was just wondering, for a fit cyclist, can you still belt along at a respectable speed with 200watts?

Zbox says that their motor (Dyno tested these days) will push you at 20-30KPH, am I right in thinking that that is with minimal pedalling input? How fast when pedalling, 40/50KPH?

Or would the engine in fact be a drag on me going faster than 30KPH?

I was going to adress these questions to Both ZBOX and Rock Solid but I wanted to hear the truth from someone else than a salesman.

Cheers.
From experience of a non 200watt motorised bike, I would think the engine would become more of a drag anything over 35km/h.

Power (watts) ~~ RPMs (speed) * Torque

This means that the motor has enough torque at low rpms to push you along, until the RPMs start getting too high, then the torque has to go down, to keep the engine under 200 watts. If you've ever tried pedalling a dead motor, I think that will be what it would feel like trying to get to 40kph on one of these.

That's why I'm going to get a shift kit, which will hopefully raise the top speed without needing to pedal.

DaveH

Mar 11, 2013
Gig Harbor WA
I'm thinking it might just be easier to bow to Caesar and put all the things on it to make it a "moped" (lights, mirror, exhaust, etc) and register it as such.

Thats what I'm having to do in my area, its a bit of a pain in the neck but fairly easily doable. It also means I must have a drivers license but I have that anyway.