Military style build.....

GoldenMotor.com

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Well with alot of help and info from you guys on this site and some cool parts for Jim at Creative Engineering my first build is almost done, Has come out very nice so far. I have taken a bunch of pics but I need to re-size them to be uploaded to this site......will do it later. I used a Micargi General bike and a 80cc slant head kit from Zoom bicycles. Cant wait to ride it! .sno.

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Thanks Bikeguy, I couldn't be happier with how everything went together. I use Krylon Ultra Flat Camo Green paint. It almost matched the bikes paint. I just finished putting on my Creative Engineering clutch actuator kit and the pipe........more pics to come. .sno.

SemperKeith

May 9, 2009
Chico, CA
Nice bike, a military theme like mine. I especially like the way you did your front motor mount,
very clean. Motorbike Project My bike attracts so much attention,
I had to make a web page for it. The other day at the local farmers market, there were 5 people surrounding the bike as I went to leave. I sure yours will be popular as well.

Looking forward to your final photos,

Keith

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
My military bike project used a frame very similar to yours, bikedad1. In my case it was a Greenline BC-106m frame. I then added a springer fork, a felt MP seat and some saddle bags from a tack supply place. Like semper's bike, mine gets a lot of attention (I've walked out of Walmart to see people taking photos of it).

Show us photos of your completed work! It's always neat to see another military bike!

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I am still waiting on a few parts to complete it and I need to make some stencils for the tank. I seriously cant wait to ride this thing around! I just put my clutch actuator kit on it and am waiting for my sprocket adapter to finish it up.
.sno.

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Well I got all of the bugs worked out of my new build and have rode it to work twice and it works amazingly well. I am gonna fabricate some sort of spring loaded chain tensioner. I will post some final pics very soon.............I love these things...........hella fun!

.sno.

SemperKeith

May 9, 2009
Chico, CA
"Bugs," that is the fun part of the builds, trying to find an easy fix for the bugs. Glad to hear it is working. Last week, my odo clicked over 1,000 miles. Also the last 2 weeks, I have been working on building a beach cruiser EZ bike. I have ridden it probably 20 miles or so and working mainly on setting it up as my "going to town bike." Glad to hear that you are up and running. On both of my bikes, I set up the drive chain without any tensioner and put the tensioner on the pedal chain side. This last one was real clean because I welded a slotted tang and bolted on a plastic sprocket from a derailleur to take up the slack. Very simple and clean. I could not do that with my Felt MP bike because it has a aluminum frame instead of steel.

Happy motoring,

Keith