Mongoose Beast Front Disk Brake

GoldenMotor.com

tomtruty

Mar 14, 2013
Richmond, IL
Just finished the first prototype Front Disk Brake mount for our Mongoose Beast. Will add some pictures and give test report soon.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Is that a standard size front axle and hub? Are you going to run that motor direct drive or use a jack shaft and freewheel cranks? Oh, I see, the whole thing is bolt on. Cool, like a sprocket adapter. Did you use already made parts for that?

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i have been wanting to get a mount for disk brakes on the rear end of my motorized bicycle. i have avid bb5 disk brakes on the front which i think are great and in expensive to

tomtruty

Mar 14, 2013
Richmond, IL
No, nothing is standard, I designed and built it myself. It was quite difficult since there are no reference surfaces. It was cut and try until it fit. Unfortunately the disk caliper I chose does not conform to the IC dimension standard. I wasn't aware of the standard when I started development. I bought a Shimano hydraulic caliper and found to my dismay it didn't fit. Consequently, I tore it all up and started again, this time using the standard post mount. More pictures to follow soon.