Two bikes fully cstomized nees repairs for price

GoldenMotor.com

fxwllms

Jun 2, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
What's up guys new to the forum but digging it so far. Here's my question,

I have come across two Bikes (Motorized) and they need some repairs. Basically they are not running at this point; motors are supposedly not seized, the offer is $300 as a pair or $150 for one.

How much would you pay for them as a pair?, or for just one?

Also if you have any tips, thoughts and or ides of what needs to be repaired, bought etc. Please express those

all are welcome. .trk

Bike 1

Bike 2

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
If I lived in your neck o'th'woods, they'd be in my garage by now. They will need some work, but the price is a steal IMHO. You're looking at some work and some parts, probably $100 (or less) per bike for the essentials.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Buy 'em both!! Repair both of them. Sell one running bike for enough to pay your out-of-pocket. Keep the 'free' bike. Ride the 'free' bike.

Good luck!!

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
After inspecting them closer I would say pass on that one. Total POC. Maybe 50 bucks for both

Last edited:

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I see rust all over the frames, chains and cassettes. That tells me that the person who is selling them rode them in the rain or didn't store them from the rain or the salt in the air caused rusting. What does the magneto rotor and coil look like? What does the inside of the fuel tanks look like?

The first frame is chopped, so are you going to trust someone else's skills?

Looks like they were beat to death and parked them. Also looks like owner didn't want to spend the time or money doing maintenance.

Buy a used Diamond Back mountain bike and a new kit and you'll be ahead. Unless you've worked on HT engines, you spend more time and money than what you'll get for selling one of the bikes. If you had experience, you'd already know if the deal was worth it or not.

Oh, by the way, this forum is full of stories of people buying a second hand engine and/or bike. The new owners want to commit Hari-Kari (Not Harry Carey) and don't know how to get there engine running.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it would depend a lot on how good they look (docs.google doesn't work here). A good looking bike will sell easily, but if it looks old it won't bring more than $259-$300 no matter how well it runs.

I've bought bikes for $100 and they weren't worth the effort as it took an engine and a lot of other parts to get it running.

fxwllms

Jun 2, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
Thank you, for your replies.

most of you are saying I should buy them ; I took mind of the positives and negative, but I think I will try to buy them no more then 75 a piece thank you all for your help and I will keep you posted if you'd like.
usflg

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
We would LIKE!!! If I lived on the west coast I would beat you do the dudes door! If you don't grab them you will kick yourself later. Those frames are sweet!

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I make money off that kind of stuff all the time .but of course I can go through an engine teardown put a back together brand seals gaskets put together in about 2 hours.then painted black real quick. Ride around town to a couple of local bars and wind up walking home with money in my pocket. Done 4 times last year. The last time kinda sucked because it was raining .but I had fun I gave 80 bucks the bike I sold for 350 and I made money. Plus I just brought another motorbiker into the world I'm so proud !!!!!!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I might pay $50 for bike #1 and $10 for bike #2..........not a penny more!

A lot of work needs to be done to both as they have obviously been neglected. Buyer beware ring a bell?

Just my opinion.