Chain Jamming

GoldenMotor.com

Soapdish

Mar 20, 2012
Carbondale, CO
Hey OP here, glad to see this thread is still going. Axe, I've got some chain maintenance to do myself, I'm right there with ya. So after a host of new problems, I replaced my spark plug boot with one from Sick Bike Parts, can't say enough about all the bike part stores around the net. My new problem is that part of my muffler fell off. I welded it back on but the welds wouldn't hold and it was a temporary fix. It was a stock muffler, any suggestions as to where to get the best quality muffler for my wallet?

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I use slick 50 engine treatment watered down with varsol, the varsol (paint thinner, turpentine) evaporates leaving a thin coat of Teflon and motor oil, sometimes I'll mix in synthetic motor oil.

I put that **** on everything.

On our regular bikes I could always out coast my brother.
I use it on my chain, my bearings, any moving part on my bike.

axe

Mar 9, 2011
Michigan
I use slick 50 engine treatment watered down with varsol, the varsol (paint thinner, turpentine) evaporates leaving a thin coat of Teflon and motor oil, sometimes I'll mix in synthetic motor oil.

I put that **** on everything.

On our regular bikes I could always out coast my brother.
I use it on my chain, my bearings, any moving part on my bike.
Hey cool tip, how do you mix it, like what ratio? and also what do you apply it with?

Totally forgot about this thread, I havent been able to touch my bike due to work/home being too busy, but this up coming week I'll be getting to it.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
about 50-50 in a little squirt bottle, in my case a hair dye bottle.
Make it as thin as you wish really.

Slick 50 costs about $20.00 but it lasts you a long time and it has a lot of Teflon in it.
Make sure you shake it well.