80cc Gaskets

GoldenMotor.com

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Hey there guys,

I'm pretty sure I have a vacuum leak somewhere in my 80cc 2-stroke engine. I have a Dax RT carb installed and am only getting around 20 mph. When running the engine sounds like my grandmother jogging. Just little pffts everytime it cycles.

So I think to fix this I should disassemble the engine and replace all of the gaskets. So I have a few questions.

Is there a place I can buy a complete gasket set for my engine?

Any tips or tricks I should know before attempting this?

Do you guys concur that a small air leak is what is causing my problems?

Thanks

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
if you have the dax rt carb that is where you might have the air leak. i have the carb from them. it has the plastic spacer that the intake slides in but i had to get an o-ring that will fit the inside of the carb so when you push the carb onto the intake tight and tighten. that solved my carb leak. So check the carb, if there is no o-ring get one that just might solve the problem.

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Awesome thanks for all the replies. Al I downloaded your checklst and am going to review it more closely tonight when I gt home tonight. Thanks a lot, a large part of those modifications would be great to do while I have the engine apart.

Rich I don't think it has to do with the RT carb. Although I may have a small air leak in it the problem I am referring to has been happening since a few weeks before I changed out the stock NT carb. I didn't really notice it at first until I noticed some black leaking down from the engine. At that point I slowly began losing torque and top speed over a couple weeks. It was then that I installed the RT carb (I know I know, I should have fixed the problem before adding a mod)

Thanks Rohmell that was exactly what I was looking for! I just purchased a set. Later on I will just buy gasket material and make my own but for this time I am going to trace the ones that come in for future reference.