Hello All

GoldenMotor.com

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
My path to this forum started by looking at my local Craig’s List for a cheap used moped or scooter. Then on to ebay, then Youtube and finally Google brought me here. I was instantly hooked. When I was a kid in the sixties and there was toy called the Mattel V-rroom Bicycle Engine. It was a plastic motorcycle engine that you mounted to the frame of your bike. It didn’t do anything other than look cool and make revving sounds. I always wanted one. This is so much better.

I am at the very early stages figuring what I want to build, but of course dove in head first by buying a mid sixties Huffy at a garage sale today. It was dirt cheap and I am hoping will prove suitable. My commute to work is ridiculously short; less than 2 miles and I think I am going to try for the early motorcycle look with a mid engine for my build. I’ve got two medium hills on the route and a few extra pounds to transport so I’m leaning toward the 70cc two stoke. In addition, hope to pull this off with as little cash outlay as possible. Yeah, I know. rotfl

Professor Fate is my childhood hero of all things mechanical, over stylized, ill conceived, and with a Rube Goldberg flavor from classic movie “The Great Race” played by Jack Lemon.

Doug
St. Louis Mo

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Mattell varoom motor, I had one. I loved it. But your telling your age.:D Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. If you need any help, advice, or just mouthing off, you've come to the right place. We are all here to help each other. Glad you joined us........................

dan283

Aug 24, 2008
Michigan
Professor,
Ahh the vroom thing...Had one and the neighborhood kids broke it after a few days.

Good luck with comuter bike and your 2 mile commute. I have calculated you will save
72 gallons a year versus driving a very big truck.