Trike-Chopped,extended, flared 3' fork +schinOcc front,lowered, pad seat w/ back + EZ

GoldenMotor.com

Rob

Jul 5, 2010
Maryland
Another project going is a really nice trike, we chopped it and extended it 3 feet, lowered it, welded in $200 worth of steel bars (chosen to match the look of the frame), and re-inforced everything. The front fork was cut off and welded back on flared, and the fork was extended another 3 feet, joining things in with steel pipe and several feet of solid steel inner core running most of it's span on both sides of the fork down to the schwinn OCC front wheel we welded custom grabbers for, and then welded on hydraulic disk on the front wheel. Coffee cup holders, custom handlebars, 5 lights, the works.

My newest bike is a brand new from Sears Schwinn Riverside, 2 handbrakes (center pull), BEAUTIFUL gloss black finish on the frame, front/rear fenders, and rack. We installed a new EZ Motorbike automatic kit, took some flat black high heat engine paint to the motor. To truly black it out in custom fashion however, we bought high gloss black to match the bike, and blacked out the tensioner and chrome sprocket with it, and blacked out a bunch of other kit and stock parts (stock was perfect except some of the bolt heads). We blacked out the mounting plate in gloss black as well, and stripped off the standard semi-flat black from the tank and re-did it in gloss black! I am riding over there in 15 minutes with the digital camera and I will post some of the pics online before the night is over.

Below are some custom shades of paint considering going on the new ones of these

Actual pics of the now:recumbent chopper trike + the black bike coming up in a few hours!

Last edited:

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Re: Trike-Chopped,extended, flared 3' fork +schinOcc front,lowered, pad seat w/ back

May I name that bike for ya???

Speedy Gonzales.;)

Adam

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Re: Trike-Chopped,extended, flared 3' fork +schinOcc front,lowered, pad seat w/ back

Sweet Build Rob!

Great to have another Marylander here in the forum, looking forward to seeing more of your builds.

Have you considered any stretch cruiser trikes here's Chosan:

Peace Crazy Horse. In Rockville, Maryland

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Sweet Build Rob!

Great to have another Marylander here in the forum, looking forward to seeing more of your builds.

Have you considered any stretch cruiser trikes here's Chosan:

Peace Crazy Horse. In Rockville, Maryland

Man I never grt tired of seeing "The Singapore Stretch"

Cheers

Rob

Jul 5, 2010
Maryland

Thanks for all the comments guys! The last few days since I had intended to post pics have been busy, I will come back with pics soon, promise :D Actually that trike I am not tired of either! @Crazy Horse: I had thought about renting a second place back in my homeland in Rockville :D But I am getting another unit in Downtown DC. Originally I am from Silver Spring! (Colesville, 1/2 mi from intersection of Randolph and New Hampshire, up New Hampshire towards Ashton). I had considered renting in the Pavillion (355&Montrose) in a month, but settled on the idea of renting a place in downtown DC. I am in Florida mainly (45 min north of West Palm along the coast, east coast). Love all you guys!

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

Rob, I know your old stomping grounds well. You most likely went to Springbrook or Paint Branch H.S. and you are probably familiar with Rocky Gorge Reservoir as many former Montgomery County Schools alumni have swam there. One old friend of mine lived in your old hood off Fairland Rd between New Hampshire Ave & Randolph Rd the Decarlo family they still own Tony's Garage in Burtonsville.

As for our Rat Rod Bikes friend Chosan the builder of the Blue Stretch Trike Cruiser, he has since added a wood framed rumble seat over the rear axle for his lil one to ride with him I'll post a pic of it when I find it among the tens of thousands of pic's I have.

Anyway please do share more about your builds & pic's of your builds with us here in the forum!

Peace Crazy Horse.

I found the Pic's enjoy here's a couple below:

Attachments

Rob

Jul 5, 2010
Maryland
PICS FINALLY HERE! Trike chopped low chopper motor trike

Yes I used to know fairland VERY well :D I went to Springbrook. I lived off of Copley, and fairland ran just 50 yards behind the woods in my back yard.

Pics coming tomorrow of the new EZ Automatic black brand new Schwinn Riverside w/ front/rear pull brakes, 7 speed on pedals, gloss black w/ gloss black engine mounting plate, gloss black tensioner, gloss black sprocket, and gloss black tank (stripped off the standard semi-gloss black). And also a new trike with no chop job but man is it beautiful!

Rob

Jul 5, 2010
Maryland

My buddy (the welder) and I decided to keep building these custom for people. And when nobody is requesting this one we are building slight variations of it. Everytime we go out around town this thing draws a crowd and people asking us to sell it to them (the one we ride, heh :D ). It does about 31MPH with the current 2-stroke 80cc. Soon will have one up that has an american drive kit called EZ. These are grey plastic wheelguards, which I have found to be the best by far- they look fantastic, dont vibrate themselves loose under motor power, and couldnt possibly flip a 2 wheel bike.

The one pictured here obviously has a sprocket attached via the left wheel, but we put longer holding bolts on it, welded part of it's attachment mechanism in place, and can now slide a larger sprocket on next to the original, in seconds, for ratio change. This feature will continue throughout our 3 wheel bike building.

Last edited: