FNG here. Bend, or:)

GoldenMotor.com

TYFOON

Jun 15, 2010
bend, or
Hi guys, I'm excited to have found this forum! I'm building a Schwinn beach cruiser that I am hanging a grubee skyhawk 66/80cc motor! I look forward to learning from you all.
FOONbrnot

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Foon,
Welcome to the forum. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and humor. I hope you enjoy it.

Mac

TYFOON

Jun 15, 2010
bend, or
I'm really having a hard time deciding which cruiser to mount my new motor. Giant Simple 7, or old school schwinn cruiser. Brakes are V's on the Giant and Coaster on the Schwinn.

What do you think? I wanted to do the red schwinn but now I am leaning towards the Giant.

What do you all think?

Thank you!!!!

Foon

Attachments

TYFOON

Jun 15, 2010
bend, or
I'm committed to the Schwinn project now. I was concerned about having just a coaster brake but I threw down on this (not my photo, but I am doing the same springer fork): Sturmey-archer x-fd image by orderodonata on Photobucket

I am relacing both front and rear wheels with 13 gauge spokes with red spoke nipples :)

And one of these to cap off the rear:http://images.jensonusa.com/large/hu/hu407c01_____36___w.jpg

I figure, Throttle, bell, and front brake on right. Left side of the handlebar will have the three speed and clutch. I also got a mirror for the left.

I am painting the Skyhawk engine red on black with ceramic engine paint. Then dremelling off the edges of the cooling fins to match the chrome.

I dig the euro license plate on the Luftwaffe bike so since I am running chrome full fenders, I may look for a cool plate to mount. We'll see.

What do you think?

Foon.shft.

Last edited: