Intake

GoldenMotor.com

Mrakulous

Mar 9, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I bought the cnc intake manifold from whats his nuts, and since it is straight, i have interference with the bolt that guides the clutch cable. So i have my carb slightly askew. Anyone know how to remedy this problem?

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I got mine in the mail yesterday, the web site says that in order for this intake to work you have to remove that bolt and cut a quarter inch off of it then replace it, put the bolt in a vice and try to cut it straight and you will be fine, my question is how does it run with the carb not level, i am wondering if i have to level out my motor so the float doesnt stick as the stock intake is bent slight over 90 degrees to help level out the carb. Good luck, and whats his nuts has very good custumer service and would be glad to help you if you need it, I beleive his name is Justin!!!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I have been reduced to being referred to as "what's his nuts" on a public forum with over 12,000 members...awesome...laff

Yes, as miraculous as it may seem, I guess I'm going to have to take out the time to make an installation guide for my CNC machined intake. Please don't ask me to write a guide on how to chew gum...I will surely end up in the puzzle factory.

Jim

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I have been reduced to being referred to as "what's his nuts" on a public forum with over 12,000 members...awesome...laff

Yes, as miraculous as it may seem, I guess I'm going to have to take out the time to make an installation guide for my CNC machined intake. Please don't ask me to write a guide on how to chew gum...I will surely end up in the puzzle factory.

Jim
You mean this ISN"T the puzzle factory!!!! :eek:

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Wes,

I made the first intake just before Christmas last year. I needed it for the bike shown below.

The engine was mounted fairly level, so the orginal intake would have positioned the carb, angled down.

Your engine does not have to be perfectly level in order to use the intake I make. It's usually fairly easy to level out the engine a little so that the carb isn't angled way up.

The "O"-ring seals the connection between the carb and intake, which makes for a good idle...no more vacuum leaks.

The short, straight through, design is far superior for obvious reasons.

Jim

Attachments

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Its on, just waiting for the RTV to set up a little more, I cut the bolt down a quarter inch and it went right back in with out cross threading, i turned my pit cock on and pushed the plunger to see if the float was working and everything works just fine, the float stoped the flow of fuel!!! Ill give it a few more minutes before i fire it up!!!

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Fired it up and it works great, better throttle response, more power, better idle for sure, thanks Jim and Justin for an awesome intake!!!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Excellent Wes!

Wes, Riding Rich, Mrakulous and the many others who have bought my intake...thank you!

Pirate Cycles is an authorized reseller of Manic Mechanic parts...Justin knows our products first hand because he uses them on his own bikes that he builds for customers.

If you guys have questions about the installation of a Manic Mechanic part, you can contact either one of us for help no matter who you actually purchased from.

Jim

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma

Jim

Whats his nuts.. It kinda has a ring to it..
Jim.. I want the gum chewing gum guide in a PDF please..
Justin

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
yo .....Whats His Nuts.....could you also provide a pictorial instruction sheet on how to get on my MB since it is usualy parked against the wall