what does this fit.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm not all that smart about bikes themselves, so what wheel would this fit. Would it fit a standard coaster wheel if so what do you have to remove. Would it fit an mountain bike wheel, is so the same question.

In either case tell me I might just build an ezip type bike.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
wow what happened to my link. I can't even find it now but it was for TNC rear freewheel sized for 1 3/8 threaded hub. I was wondering if the was the off side free wheel for their motor drive.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
wow what happened to my link. I can't even find it now but it was for TNC rear freewheel sized for 1 3/8 threaded hub. I was wondering if the was the off side free wheel for their motor drive.
From what I've been reading, it would be specified as a "southpaw" freewheel. If it is, then you still need a wheel hub that is threaded on that side. BMX'rs use these type of hubs, but I don't know if the right side has enough thread for a cassette, if you're planning on keeping some gears. BMX bikes are usually single speed. The reason they have hubs with threads on the off side is some riders like their chains on that side, so it was explained at the bike shop. Also, BMX wheels only run 16" to 20". If it's for a larger wheel, you'd have to get the hub and have it laced to a larger rim.
I decided it was too humbug.

If you're looking for a wheel with a southpaw freewheel, try contacting Currie Industries as they sell a complete wheel with their kits that include a 20T southpaw freewheel for their geared motors. I haven't had a chance to do that yet. It's something I'd be interested in as well. They don't list their wheel in their parts section. The right side is also threaded for installation of your own cassette. That's something I need to do with my current rear wheel. It came off a 21 speed bike and is now on a 6 speed bike. I still have the old wheel, but need to swap out the cassettes so the bike quits throwing the chain.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I use a twenty inch rear wheel so that isn't the problem. i will have to do some checking with my bike store guy. He has learned to like me since I take all my weirdo bikes in for him to see. I need a place to ride my bike anyway. I'm always looking for an erand to run.