NOS Injection

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: Nitous Oxide Injection

If you shoot the NOS alone, you will have no more worries, your engine will be history.

Even if you use a solenoid to shoot extra fuel in what on the juice, your engine will last once or twice of improved power, then it will either blow the crank or the top bushing on the rod.

Don't do it.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN

....the same as whip-its, our local "Head Shop" (ie:tobacco shop) carries the cartridges 24 to a box for $9.99 (much cheaper than Ebay). Don't ask for Whip-its...you may ask to leave the store!! Tell them you are making "Home-Made Whip Cream".
...so a "head shop" is a tobacco shop now...my, how things have changed.

LocustsOfSteel

Apr 23, 2008

Wow... the ultimate suicide kit! (^)

I'm so going to get one in the next couple of months here.:ride2:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas

Runnin' Nitro-us less than 2 feet from "the Boys" :confused: The Girl Scouts maybe
gettin some new membersrotfl When metal goes bye bye it don't care where it goes. Stainless Steel jock strap anyone?rotflrotfl

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia

I have an empty old Whipped cream machine sitting here at home... I 'Auquired' in for a party when I was 15 and got 10 boxes of 10 bulbs... Fun night... rotfl Anyways... I am tempted to give it a go... I know when I will use it too at the start of this big hill I climb which is the only time I have to help my engine along with some pedal power... Man am I a lazy ****!!

On a less silly note; I am thinking that using NOS on a climb which is a situation where the engine wont be propelled to extreme RPMs might mean that the engine will handle it OK. Mayvbe not my rear wheel spokes tho

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia

I have also got nitrous on my winter build, but as someone else said it is more for looks than anything else. I like to get all the novelty things I can get on it. Like my instrument panel with all the switches and buttons for the lights, kill switch and Nitrous.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
When I saw that they were selling N20 kits for these motors I was wondering how they got extra fuel into the charge....Now that I see that they don`t put any extra fuel pump or fuel supply ,I`m thinking these motors are gonna blow up on a regular basis...I guess the small shot/cannister of N2o isn`t enough to cause alot of damage...If I run one I`m gonna run some higher octane fuel just to keep in from pre-igniting/detonation,if I could retard the ignition a degree I think might be a good idea for long time useage(bigger cannister)....Just a thought...I used to run a 7. second N2o Kawasaki at the drag strip here...
Paul...

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
Hmmmmmm.... Stuart Racing I just thought of something which might solve the fuel starvation problem. I have one of the new style CNS Carbys like the one that spooky tooth sells. Instead of just blocking off the throat to 'choke' the engine in the literaal sense of the term this carb and many others such as the dellorto PHBG, PHVA and I'm sure most others have an extra jet which supplies extra fuel to richen the mixture for cold start ups. So it helps cold starts like a choke but doesn't 'choke' the engine at all.

Now I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. Instant on demand extra fuel flow for all that oxidating NOS to combust. Sound delicious! Does anybody else thing this would work?

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I here ya on this setup....Sorta like a secondary fuel curcuit huh....I think that is a good idea and should solve the problem or at least slow down the melting process,LOL....At least your on the right track .....
Paul....

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
Ha ha! might solve that problem but it sure wont solve the blowing-the-engine-bolts-right-out-of-the-engine-block problem!!

Watch over torquing the head bolts even with a tuned pipe, heli-coils are a pain in the ar$se!!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you all know when you polish a turd all you have is a polished turd.
don't let your engine get on things that will make YOU high.rotfl
Norman

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I`ve already broke a exh. stud, but got it out with a easy out.....I really take it easy with the head studs though....."JUST SAY NO TO NOS"It really mess`s with you head.....
P......

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
I've seen balloons blown up by one small NOS canister, so there's not a whole lot of it in there. I'm hoping there's enough to make a difference. It would be nice to be at wide open throttle, and then push a button to go even faster.

I'm sure my 6.5HP engine can handle a small NOS shot. I run 93 octane only. I've already run the RPM's past redline and have an improved intake, probably getting 8HP and running great. I wouldn't mind a good boost when I need it, and when people see it has NOS on it, they would be blown away.

slipdrive44

Dec 3, 2008
Tucson
Hey,

I am 20 years old, a mechanical engineering student at University of Arizona and I work at Spookytooth Tucson.

If you really just want a nitrous system that works, and is cheap, this is what you need.
This is nearly the EXACT setup for the first kit picture in this thread on page 1, on the red bike.

Go to a bike shop and get a CO2 tire inflator that takes the little non-threaded cartridges, then go to a smoke shop (some place they sell pipes and stuff) get some 8 gram Nitrous cartridges, 24 pack of ISI cream chargers, Whip-its, something of that nature.

Now the inflator you bought is a little too tall for the nitrous canisters which are shorter than the CO2 canisters, what you do is stack about 5 pennies (yes real pennies like the money, change) So that the needle in the discharger will 'crack' the cartridge.

You now have a nitrous discharger with that handle and its trigger. What I did was use a shcrader valve from an old bike tire, and epoxyd that into a length of fuel line (for one of these engines). The little bit of rubber on the valve from the bike tire helps it hold well stay under pressure so don't worry about getting it scraped off.

Then just run the nitrous line back to your carburetor, position it so that it blows into the airbox. If you have one of the black 4 pipe down filter covers, push the tube into one of the downpipes, if you have one of the slatted round covers just ziptie the pipe into position blowing into the carb.

I use the trigger on the actuator to hang the little discharger from a brakeline while getting up to speed, once you are cruising, just pull the trigger and you will feel a surge of power.

IMO the boost is very controllable and my engine has gone through 20 charges with no problems, ZERO, if it is not actually better for the experience, I feel like it runs a bit more freely after feeling the power.

The sad truth about nitrous is, you do only get a burst of power, and in the end you can't use nitrous to cruise so the point of it is a little lost in the fact that these bikes aren't quarter mile machines.

TOTAL COST $40
Inflator-$20
24 pack of chargers- $12
Fuel line-$5
Valve, zipties, and glue-$3

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
That's great! I'm glad your NOS setup works. How much of a "boost" do you get? I mean, does it last 2 seconds, or long enough for the power increase to gain you a few mph? I know bikes are not meant for the 1/4 mile, but it would be nice at high throttle to have a bit of boost for a short moment when it may be needed.

I'm wondering because one whippet is small, and I'm wondering if it's big enough to do the job. If two or three whippets could be modded to work together, that would be great.

Last edited:

slipdrive44

Dec 3, 2008
Tucson
You feel it for a few seconds. But its is a very short boost, the main thing is that it gets you a few extra mph, i can go from 35 to 37, mainly it just feels cool.

As far a getting multiple canisters together they sell 4 canister dispensers at the same head shops you would buy the nitrous canisters at, but they are as big a a tea kettle.

The only real option beyond beyond this setup would be the nitrous express boost kit.

Nitrous Express Power Sports Nitrous

This is made for mas airflow sensor based injection but the principle would be the same shooting it into the carb like we do now.

otherwise. There is a fuel pump routed kit but I didn't feel it was necessary, it is overly complex and I think it would flood out the engine, it is just too big.

The small kit made for EFI could be dialed down easily.

Nitrous Express Power Sports Nitrous

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH Man Jak!! Bad day! Glad every one was ok. Loss of parts are not good though. In last vid, your bud getting gone right b4 any big booms.. LOL. He better be buying the beer next time! (Don't tell him I said that)

OH Man Jak!! Bad day! Glad every one was ok. Loss of parts are not good though. In last vid, your bud getting gone right b4 any big booms.. LOL. He better be buying the beer next time! (Don't tell him I said that)
my buddies including the shop owner stayed rite in front of the car with the halon untill I git the bottle turned off

the guys who ran were just customers

I still havent put that car back together

Im building a drag engine for it & should be in the mid 11s FWD its done a 12.4

have a great week guys
JAK