How do you like this trike?

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Went to the beach today in La Jolla (WindanSea) and saw this trike......

I thought it was a fairly nice, clean build and kinda stealthy being electric and all......

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I like it. The whitewalls kind of compliment the circles on the front hub motor. Makes a great parts chaser.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Hah ha !! right on ! How's that for ride'n ? looks like it'd be a blast ta spin around on ?
Actually that is the only thing it does not do. Between the low CG & weight on the rear axle it is very stable. Drifting is not possible.

The pedals work, and you can pedal it away from a stoplight. Street legal, and fun transportation. A true adult Big Wheel. Ride quality is better than I expected when I was building it.

I need to take some new pics, that was a couple of years ago. Some small changes since then.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
It gets a lot of attention. I parked it in the lot @ Viva 2 years ago, and a week later there were pics all over the internet. Never even took it inside the show.

I may clean it up a little & let JB use it in a photo shoot later this year. He wants to do a post - apocalypse theme sometime soon in the desert.

tinnes2

Apr 25, 2014
Wood Dale IL.
hey can you take a picture of the underside really like to see the that drive train thinking of making something like that from my wife

sdharlie

Dec 26, 2014
San Diego
What up guys. I was surfing this site and saw my trike at the beginning of this thread. Very cool, yes I was at Windansea beach that day.

At first the thought of an electric trike with a battery did not appeal to me in the least but since I built this trike I have a total change of heart and have since built another.

I built them strong enough to never peddle unless going up very steep hills. It tows a matching trailer with lights that connect at the back with a lighter outlet that doubles as in iPhone charger.

The spec are

Motor - 1000W electric motor kit purchased for $249 off eBay from China

Battery - 48V 20amp hours

Top Speed - 30mph on a flat road with no wind

Distance - around 20 mils of flat road no peddling

sdharlie

Dec 26, 2014
San Diego
With regards to the frame breaking, thats not going to happen if it hasnt already. We took our trikes to Burningman and rode about 300 miles on very bumpy desert terrain while towing a small trailer and my girl standing on the back.

The reason I went with electric vs gas. We live in San Diego and they are classified as bicycles. We ride on the beach at low tide for miles, we ride on the boardwalk in Pacific and Mission beach, we bar hop down town San Diego without the cops hassling us. Its just more simple and we've never run out of battery yet. On this smaller trike I mounted the battery under the rear platform so its kind of stealth however in California there's no real need to be stealth.

Here are some images of my kind of matching smaller etrike.

Torker Trike

750W motor

36V - 10am hour battery

Top Speed - 25mph on flat

Distance 12-15 miles no peddling on flat

Attachments

sdharlie

Dec 26, 2014
San Diego
Below are photos of my larger trike. I have to tell you this is the most fun I've ever had with $1200.

We take it out almost every weekend. The most we've carried is me driving, my girl standing on the back platform and our two 12yr old girls in the trailer and the trike pulls no problem.

Me and my girl love dressing up in steampunk / goth style so this trike was perfect for Burningman Mad Max style plus we rode around downtown San Diego during Comicon and were swarmed by Japanese tourists wanting to get a photo of us ha ha we felt like celebrities.

I own a furniture warehouse and often I use the trikes to carry heavy furniture to customers cars or carrying large heavy tool boxes around the business.

Attachments