Race biked

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
what are you running now. last race I had a 44 on the rear and I think it was too tall. this time i'm going to try 46, but I have smaller wheels. I think easy runs a 52

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I got about the exact same wheel set as Easy was using except I have the Cyclops tire at 24x2.4. Not much difference. His liquid cooled motor is prolly ''after his mods'' more powerful than my air cooled model? Have a 11 tooth front sprocket and run a 48 rear currently and it is not bad at all pretty zippy. Off the start line it wants a bit of peddle power for a flawless launch.

Anytime after say 15 mph it takes charge pretty wicked. Far as peak pulling goes.

Have estimated if I was to mod the liquid motor up to tits mebbe a 47 tooth would be a sweet spot for me in the all around city? Especially in light of the size smaller tire. Have had so many tools to buy ''automotive'' am still sitting on that build untouched. One day this summer it will be on!!

What it is for me was, riding up to 20 miles a day. So set it up for a longer run. Bigger straights to open it up in my route at up to 3 miles to a given stop light.

For cornering that 52 tooth sprocket was very playful and about spot on for really digging in. I am a pretty big, heavy guy tho

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
They look good Andy. I'd have to wait until next year to see them because at The Grange for what ever reason we always get bumped from our original reservation dates that are being reserved extremely far in advanced.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
what are you running now. last race I had a 44 on the rear and I think it was too tall. this time i'm going to try 46, but I have smaller wheels. I think easy runs a 52
I am running a 51 tooth in the rear with a 10 tooth front. I do have a 48 I can put in the rear, right now the bike is quick but I am afraid it's guard to low for the straight.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Playing with the jetting today and got pulled over by the cops . Lucky I was just putting along . They asked me some silly questions and looked at my bike . They were cool , They wanted to watch me ride it away . I had to pedal it a bit in front of them while I would leave from a stop because that was one of there questions lol . No ticket no warnings just told me to be safe . the last time I was pulled over I had guns pulled on me this was a nice change .

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
A duffle bag full of one dollar bills is pretty heavy. I am not sure you would get anywhere fast on a 49cc bike with that strapped to you.