Spokes keep op breaking

GoldenMotor.com

remichi

Apr 28, 2011
Netherlands
I don't actually know what the seats are called, all I know is that they are cheap to make, 4 euros. Some Dutch guys import them from Kisumu, Kenya and sell them online (www.bodaboda.nl/enwww.bodaboda.nl/en)

I finally decided to weld all the existing holes in the sprocket and start with 10 brand new holes. Had to drill all 30 holes (sprocket and back plates) by hand though...very tiring.

All seems to fit well though and already took it for a spin of about 25 km.

See the pictures of the finished bike at: www.bit.ly/kenyanbicycles

Even stumbled across an old MG A today near the school I volunteer at. If any of you are interested in the work my wife and I do visit the website of the school at: www.facebook.com/WaithakaTTC [ Feel free to like the school page.... ;-) ]

zearo

Nov 18, 2012
reading pa
i have a 36 spoke rim with a 9 bolt gear and i keep breaking spoke any one can tell my how to stop this i have gear rubber spokes rubber then metal plates washer and nut

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Had a problem a few years ago with spokes breaking. Once I realized they keep breaking in the same place (Spoke head) I found the problem. Was nothing to do with the wheel or spokes it was the hub causing the spoke heads to break off.

Once I replaced the hub with a new one, had no more problems.
I had exactly the same problem with several rear wheels, both human-powered and motorised. I learned to open up the hub spoke holes and chamfer the edges well. This fixed the problem every time, even with original-size spokes.