Any way to improve lowrider springer forks?

GoldenMotor.com

AmericanCthulhu

Apr 3, 2011
SW Missouri
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone had experience or advice for making the "lowrider" Springer forks stronger? I LOVE the look it gives my bike (combined with the dyno apes I picked up), and it makes riding pretty smooth. Just as long as I'm going in a straight line, that is....

As for improvements, I've replaced the nuts with Nylocks where possible, capped off the bolt which goes thru the spring, put in a new stronger main support bolt, and considered praying to various deities.

Has anyone else made improvements to this style of forks? I know the look of them seems to have a polarizing effect on the forum, but I think they look badass.
Keep in mind I'm a fairly large dude (6'5", 300lbs), so anything in the vein of making them stronger would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

alkllimike

Nov 13, 2008
Pima Az
I just bought a springer for my bike. I not a big as you but close enough. I didn't replace the pivot bolt but I did add a jamb nut on the slide bolt and locktite the bolts and nut with the red stuff, which is the more aggressive locktite. I am looking at the pivot bolt with the possibility of pressing in some bushing. Other than that I think I will just keep an eye on it for cracks and looseness. I hope some body else will respond. Where about in SW Missouri? I live in SE kansas but not in the winter.

alkllimike

Nov 13, 2008
Pima Az
It is not the cold I just have to have sun. It is legal for motor bikes here (AZ) and I love it. Kansas and their stupid law, not all just some. I live near Toronto about 90 miles from Wichita. Did the older schwinn springer have bushing on the main fork where it pivots?