ram 80cc engine mounts for mustang?

GoldenMotor.com

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
just took the RAW 80cc out of the box. mounts fit 1-1/4" frame , but my micargi mustang has 1-1/2" frame tubes. has anyone got any ideas on mounting? the enigine stud holes are 1-5/8"apart on-center so there's not much room for grinding out and widening the frame saddle of the mounting block to saddle the frame. and as for the front mount, I have seen many "far away" shots of bikes, but no up-close shots. are guys welding short tubes vertically off the bottom frame tube for the front mount to saddle to?

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi Dogtown Burner. Yes they are welding short tubes not perpendicular but at an angle off the bottom frame tube with a gusset in the space between the tubes. Please check Venice Motor Bikes Felt El Guapo build, it is a few threads below yours in this stretch cruiser section. Thankyou.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Hi Dogtown Burner. Yes they are welding short tubes not perpendicular but at an angle off the bottom frame tube with a gusset in the space between the tubes. Please check Venice Motor Bikes Felt El Guapo build, it is a few threads below yours in this stretch cruiser section.

thanks a lot man. I will check

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
just took the RAW 80cc out of the box. mounts fit 1-1/4" frame , but my micargi mustang has 1-1/2" frame tubes. has anyone got any ideas on mounting? the enigine stud holes are 1-5/8"apart on-center so there's not much room for grinding out and widening the frame saddle of the mounting block to saddle the frame. and as for the front mount, I have seen many "far away" shots of bikes, but no up-close shots. are guys welding short tubes vertically off the bottom frame tube for the front mount to saddle to?
A picture of the bike will help. I'm not familiar with the different bike styles. On every bike I've made I had to make my front mounts. Some might be just a shim, and some I wielded a tube. Here are some mounting ideas. Keep in mind that a optional 75 degree mounting angle is best.

http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Engine Mounting/

Here is a wielded tube on a chopper.
http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/...ael Chopper/?action=view&current=P1130001.jpg

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Re: raw80cc engine mounts for mustang?

ok cool. thanks for the Ident. I did some digging and found one on eBy. any tips that may stand out in your mind?
The mount I bought for the chopper (not the one I welded) was basically a plug and play, that is after I drilled two holes to mount the bracket to the frame. I couldn't make one as well built for the price I paid for it.

Last edited: