Tool sizes for Worksman wheels ??

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK. I've managed to screw up my wheels so bad they now need to be media blasted and re powder coated. I'd like to save some cash on labor by dissasembling the wheels. Went to the bike shop to get the appropriate "Stuff" and they said they dont carry spoke wrenches that big. what tools and sizes might I need to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
try another bike shop. most of them carry the generic multi-size spoke wrench for 5 bucks or so, that will work from 9g to 16g.

Avenir Round Spoke Wrench

worksman uses 11g (or .120g) spokes, but their nipples are larger than most, and my wrench that fits is a 10g. if a bike shop doesn't have the "one size fits most" wrench, a motorcycle shop should have a 10g specific wrench.

you might be able to get a spoke off from inside with a screwdriver so you can take the nipple down and match it to the wrench you need.

the shimano coaster axle nuts are 15mm, the cones are 15mm, 17mm, and/or19mm.

the front drum axle is 15mm

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks bairdco! I think I can get that round wrench locally. Ill try that in the morning. Good to know I have hope even though the nipples I have are " larger than most" laff