Dellorto 12mm Carb help?

GoldenMotor.com

takingadip

Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
Ive been looking at increasing my power and so far Ive come across upping the carb, getting an expansion kit, upgrading spark plugs, getting a sprocket with less teeth. Let me know what your guys/girls experience is with each one. And also Ive heard much talk about the Dellorto Carbs but I do not know where to buy them. Thanks! Also is it bad to run the motor without exhaust? Whenever I have the pipe off I go flying and whenever I put it on it sucks.

By the way I have the

"Grubee Race 66cc Black SkyHawk Angle Fire Bicycle Engine Kit"

takingadip

Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
Ok so the kit is worth $70 dollars? And also would you recommend going down to a 36t back sprocket? How do I get the correct fuel to air ratio? Any tips or tweaks that are pretty easy to do?

takingadip

Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
Ok so I am going to order up the SPB expansion kit (i cant find it on their website though...), the $18 high perf air cleaner, new spark plus, the high quality ignition cable, and a 40T just to see the difference. I will downjet like you said, I just have no idea what that is. So if you want to explain that, that would be cool.

And I really appreciate all the help. I am a bike novice.

takingadip

Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
Yeah I know what you mean about buying and going broke. Im 16 and am looking for something to do with my time and money lol. I just got a job and think this would be a fun project to learn about and all that sort of stuff. Ive literally spend the last 3 days of my spring break researching and all that good stuff. I am for sure going to do the expansion kit once I can order it along with the air cleaner. Do you recommend buying a spark plug and testing out all the different lengths and seeing which length I get the best result at? And which one would you recommend for a MN climate.

Im going to look at all those links tonight and try to get the concept of jetting. I dont have time right now. Im off to work! But yeah Im serious about making everything work to its fullest potential. My friends are also interested in this sort of thing so I am also learning about it so I can help them. Im trying to focus on to many things right now. Ive been scouring over these forums and Ive found so much stuff. Its going to take alot of time to learn but I think itll be worth it.

Ill also upload pics when its all done! I bet youll wanna see them?

I take it i can find those spark plug tools at a local hardware store?

And also what are your views on the shift kits? They are a little expensive :/