New plug and wire am I OK? Kings 70cc 3100miles.

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Ok, my old wire and boot were looking pretty bad. They are on their 4th year. I got a accel universal 8mm HiTemp Super Stock plug wire with boot and a new NGK B6HS plug... Fired right off, (MUCH quicker than normal) and I just did a quick run. anyone know of any foreseeable problems with this combo? Will it affect the CDI?

Thanks!

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
I tried an 8mm and could not make it fit the coil so just pulled an old 7 off the shelf and it fit's.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Thanks Guys, I had not even thought of trimming it down i was afraid of voltage leaks.

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
did you find that wire sold by itself or did you have to buy a set? is it a copper core wire?

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
did you find that wire sold by itself or did you have to buy a set? is it a copper core wire?
It was a universal replacement deal. Came with a few different boots, connectors and lube. Plus about 6' of 8mm wire. No it wasn't a copper core. The kit ran me $9.00. Bike seems to fire up much quicker with the new wire, and spark plug boot along with the new NGK plug. (^)

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I've always been a little worried about using that fiber core wire, that it might get a little messed up trying to screw it into the boot & CDI...?
Well I left 1/2" exposed and screwed it in... Seems ok. It 'feels' like I've gained a few more mph, but I can't say really as its a new bike... It DOES fire up much quicker.

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
If i was to get the NGK B6HS plug whould i need to set the gap of the plug? also will i be fine with the stock one for a while?

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
where can i set it to .020, does the B6HS come set at .020 or do i have to buy a tool to set it?

Neko

May 21, 2008
CoMo (Columbia, MO)
What is the easiest way to get into the cdi to replace the wire and cap. I look and the only way I am seeing is to break it and it looks so pretty not broken. thanks for all your help

Neko

May 21, 2008
CoMo (Columbia, MO)
thanks I would have never tried that. Just make sure that when I am putting the new one in that there is the same amount showing to screw in as the one I took out right?