BlackBomber HF 2 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Whahoo! OMG! More Vids Soon! OMG! Whahoo, finally!

fitted a 9t FinalDriver from an 11 to a 48 FinalDriven and it really kicks now!

This thing is really cool; super psyched to do the Honda version next!

Takes off from a stop like a scooter/moped/ 79cc motorcycle and runs up into the mid 30's rather quickly! Truly Civilized!

My Best Yet!

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
4 strokes are the future but two stroke are great for the home builder and the price is right.

That said, you gotta get a 4 stroke!

This bike is awesome. I mean it really is my favorite yet. I have some larger rear sprockets on order and I believe that will increase my top speed, not that 35+ needs improvement, just want it to realize it's potential.

It is trully quiet and simply a thrill to ride!

Cheers! Evan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Can't stop watching that vid. Saving a Honda just for this!

Side question TS, aren't the knobies vibing ya?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It's a smooth ride! I don't run'm hi press but will go thru'm faster.

Side note: the burnouts I was doin', showin off for HuckerSteve, aren't going to make the tyres last any longer either!

"BurnOut Vids" to come! brnot literally (not sittin' on the seat, of course)

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Put 30+ miles on 'er today, what a dream. This is the way to ride! Lotta low end grunt but top gear is just a little tall still (pullin 35mph flat 40+ slight down hill). Gonna change the primary from 1:1 to 1.083:1 to lower the ratio by 8.3% w/o (hopefully) altering clutch engagement too much. If anything the clutch engages early, but it's really nearly perfect, and the adjustment is likely to just fall equally on the other side of perfect i.e. slightly late but w/ wheelie poppin' (hopefully) torque!

Cheers, Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Ok, so no wheelies just yet, but the ratio change did improve things. Clutch is working excellent so I think I'll try a primary reduction of 1.1666:1 for another 8.3 %.

It Just keeps getting better!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I went over to HuckerSteves yesterday and boy does he have some hills by his house. We couldn't find a hill it wouldn't go up. If you pedal you go faster up the hills but if you don't it goes up the steepest lakeside hills at 12-15 mph it's like a pick-up! I couldn't keep up w/ his well (FBC/SBP) tuned 70cc 2 stroke shifter bike on the flats but that's to be expected cause a 2 smoke should put out a lb and a 1/2 for every lb a 4 smoke does (cc to cc). But his 45+ was closely chased by my 40+ and I'm not done adding low end torque while increasing top speed!

LowEnd and shakey vids to prove it! Check it out!

YouTube - FBC HFV2 FreeStyle TomFoolery!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks Flyby It is a proto and am buildin' a Honda 50 version as well. Should have it on the road by the end o the week!

It's my personal favorite set up. So far top end is pretty comparable to other setups, maybe a little faster than the 1 speed setups I've run. But low end is rediculous and getting better!

Cheers! Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
And now back to The Greatest Mo.. er.. ugh..uh hm(VerKlempt lol).

Gotta put the equipment to the test; I put my "HydroPower RimBrakes" and a set of "CitySlicks" on the the "HFV2 BlackBomber". I know, I know, but it just keeps on gettin' better!

So I set out to run some errands i.e. quaff & groom, late lunch e.g. the Cafe Burger at The Cafe Racer, just like you would make it; w/ a finely crafted N.W. beer "Pike Place KiltLifter". And just some various slicin' 'n' dicin' lookin' and gettin lookin through the asphalt jungle!

I love these yellow bridge columns!

The Crest Theatre is always a Foto Op (restarting it I almost launched it into the road i.e. grabbed a little too much)!

I truly did laugh out loud at myself!

Cheers! Evan

Attachments

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Dan and I are reving up past 5000, It comes governed to 3600 (for generator apps).

Harbor Freight has the manual avail for download online.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
when you take the governor off do you take the hole assembly off or just cut the plastic sprocket off. It would be much easier to take a chisel to the sprocket then having to disassemble the motor to get to it.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Dan and I are reving up past 5000, It comes governed to 3600 (for generator apps).

Harbor Freight has the manual avail for download online.
Carefull over reving past the govener. if it is a oil dip system like a briggs it will flaten the cranshaft. I did that on a briggs...Good luck

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Thanks guys.

The system on the HF is a gear w/ centrifugal weights that activates a lever that deactuates the butterfy valve on the carb. If you disconnect it from the throttle linkage you've deactivated the system. If you leave the innards they work like normal w/o affecting anything. However an oz. of rotating mass = a lb of non rotating mass, so if that gear, flyweights and paddle weigh 8oz. then removing them is like you losing 8lbs.!

Max, Go back a few pages (new in frame 4 stroke thread in 4 stroke forum), maybe 5 or 6, Jim (creative eng.) and Glacknoid go over 2 different methods of removal.

Last edited: