a tale of 2 carbs

GoldenMotor.com

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
Yeh i read that to, i also read here that there is no difference internally to the old 1, but if your sold on that go for the new nt.

But i will say this, the air/fuel screw on the cns is worth 50bucks alone
agreed the cns is even better than my delorto throttle response and accelerates much better top rpm is the same in my experiences dnut but im running th sh1515 carb it did do real good on a 50 cc im definately going to try phbg ill bet its good

Last edited:

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
The new NT is marginally different internally - the needle is slightly shorter with a bit more of a taper, the jet is a touch larger and the slide itself is also a hair bigger - enough so the slides don't cross over between carbs.

All this I noticed when I tried to rebuild my old carb w the guts outa the new one...

Having said all that - there still isn't enough of a difference to consider it a "performance" carb, it's just a lil better for the 66cc than the one it used to come with lol I would definitely try the CNS! Yet for the price it is bordering on getting a real carb - like the Dellorto I'm considering: PHBG 16mm AS Carb (Clamp On Style) 2 Cycle [D0-2511] - $84.20 : Dellorto Carburetors, And parts for you.

*shrug* It's up to you lol, I've still not made up my mind ;)
Hello Barely Awake,

Does the PHBG 16mm AS carb bolt on to the stock intake that comes with the kit. I measure the intake and it has an outer diameter of 18.94mm. Is there any mods that's needed to accomodate the PHBG 16 AS? Thanks for the advice.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
We should get a Billet intake with a larger inner diameter and the angel of entry to match the port.
That would be sweet.