Short Tracker

GoldenMotor.com

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Here’s my long term project, just something to pass the time in my shop. I guess you could call it a board tracker, but I think it’s a little short for that title. It’s an early post war frame I got for $20 and the forks are repop Monark springer. I’ve only gotten to this mock up stage so far, but plans are for a pair of drum brake wheels (black) wrapped in felt tires (cream) and maybe a custom seat. The engine is a 66cc GT5, ported cylinder , coated piston with a shortened skirt, balanced crank and aluminum rod, top hat clutch mod, single “boost bottle”, port matched intake, RSM billet head, Billet clutch actuator, and a few other things I really don’t want to talk about J. I’d love to take it to Death Race next year.

Attachments

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Trying to turn the wick up on it, but I keep getting new customers and unfortunately for me their stuff comes first. But I did get the motor mounted (lower than the pics). Also went over the forks, got them working smoother and tig welded a few spots that needed it and added a couple of gussets, I’ll post pic as soon as I can find my camera.

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Took the spookytooth chamber off of my other bike. Added pull start and Dellorto carb. I also added an Acme Labs clutch kit (damn nice kit). Hope to get started on the tank soon, but I need to finish a customer's car before I can touch this again. .weld

Attachments

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
You beat me to the punch on those motor mounts! I was just out in my garage trying to do just that to My Huffman frame...it's oerfect tor a low instalation buT I will need to use a 135mm crank axel to pass by the Raw motor.. I had chosen to add a bar in instead to take up the space in the rear seat tube adding in a bar I have off of a table pre bent. I can grind it to fit beside the seat tube and bring my motor forward enough to solidly mount fore and aft. but I am waiting a minute to see your tricks and copy that!

Last edited: