performance computer chips?

GoldenMotor.com

rickie h

Aug 6, 2009
usa
my cousin just ordered a computer chip for his atv that inserts into the engine and adds 3 hp...was wondering if such a thing could exist for a bicycle engine?

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
the atv has a fuel injection and the 2 cycles and 4 cycles we use dont,its the old school style carb. fuel injection requires a 'brain' or computer to meter how much fuel is being delivered to the engine by different sensors such as o2,throttle,and temperature sensors. where as our carbs are gravity fed and metered (depending on the carb for our engines) thru mixture and idle screws on the carb itself and has no computer, so no 'chipping' here on these engines.

IMHO fuel injection on our bikes would be nice for better acceleration and throttle response, however it would be a nightmare of electrics and the more stuff you put on an engine like this more things go wrong,also the cons way out way the pros on stuff that i just don't need. if you want to push more horsepower out of one of these engines try looking at some of the topics here High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips - Bicycle Motor at Motorized Bicycle Forum what it really comes down to is modifying restricted ports and buying better parts for these engines.just like the old days of before fuel injection. like taking dads old chevy 350 boring it over,putting a better cam in it,roller rockers,holly carb and so on...

h0tr0d

Mar 23, 2008
my cousin just ordered a computer chip for his atv that inserts into the engine and adds 3 hp...was wondering if such a thing could exist for a bicycle engine?

You can add a bag of potato chips to your gas tank. Small bag.

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
if you know a lot about electronics/engines you could probably rig up a microcontroller with some heat sensors and a servo to control the choke, but thats about it unless you want to design and make your own carburator with built in servos to control the other stuff.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
could rig up an O2 sensor with a PLC and a stepper motor on a mod'd carb to control the mixture.. but that's about as high tech as these engines could ever get