Scored Springers with V Brake Bosses...$35 (:~{O>

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Scored a set of "Heavy Duty" Chrome springer Forks last night, the fella had them listed online for $3,500.00 I contacted him and let him know that he must have messed up when he priced these because there is no way $3,500.00 could be right, he emailed me back with a BIG LOL........! and yes that he had wondered why these had not sold and that he would correct the price, he repriced at $35 and I jumped all over them, these have the V Brake boss on each side and are 1" Threaded........ they look to have a slight amount of surface rust that can easily be removed with some steel wool, so before anyone makes a comment on that I figured I would be sure to say I can see that in the pix also...LOL!
I was very excited to score these, I have been wanting a set of these forks really bad........

Happy Happy Happy........... I am!!!!

Map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I also scored some nice 80's era long reach Dia-Compe brake levers, these are nice to have and helps keep the reach and leverage nice on the brake levers when a clutch lever is on the left bars side and the throttle side which causes the levers to be positioned farther away from the hand and finger reach.

$14 for these was a nice price in my opinion.....

Map reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
A brass wire wool type pot scrubber is better to use on chrome as it won't scratch it or leave tiny steel particles behind to start further rust.

Nice forks and a great bargain :)
Thank you for the tip... you are correct, the brass or 100% copper scouring pads are much softer than the chrome and will not scratch it like the steel wool can.

And yes I am very happy with the price on these forks, these type bargains make this 46 year old man kid grin like a 5 year old who just got handed a big bowl of Chocolate ice cream.......LOL!

Thanks IWw

Map dnut

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Scorrrrrrrrrrre!

(FWIW, not a soccer fan)

Nice find Map. It NEVER hurts to ask about a price.

Dan.
Thats right.... just like the old saying goes" ya never know till ya ask"

I've hashed several ideas around on the brake issue and really wanted to stay with the v brakes on my Kulana moon dog bike and at the same ime I wanted a suspension front that gave it a more old school look, I know I can build a bracket with brake bosses on it that could be clamped on springer forks but didnt want to go that route springers with brake bosses is perfect.

Map

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
great score for your motorized bicycle! the springer front ends look great. loc-tite the nut after you get them adjusted the way you want, they are famous for working them selves loose

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
great score for your motorized bicycle! the springer front ends look great. loc-tite the nut after you get them adjusted the way you want, they are famous for working them selves loose
Thanks Paul, I like the vintage springer fork look, yes sir loctite will be applied to everything that has a nut on it, I'm a fir believer in thread locker, to many times I've got in a bind when it wasn't used, so I'm pretty religious about it now, and especially on my motorized bikes.

Not sure Yet but these forks may come apart and end up being partly black and partly chrome, just depends on how good the chrome is on them which is yet to be known be me.

Map .wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
map you are just to lucky lol glad to see you found a good deal like that
Thanks you Scott, Yeah, I have been hoping to find a set of these forks for a good while, pirate has them listed on their site but they no gotty, I have thought about just building a horseshoe shaped bracket basically like what is used on many Mountain bike suspension forks which has the V Brake bosses on it and then just weld or braze it in place on the forks, they would need to be painted if they were chrome but I will probably just buy a set of the already black ones do the mod and then repaint when I decide to go that route with a set of the forks, I also have an idea for a set of forks I may build for myself in the future, I really need to get a Tig to be able to do the clean strong welding I plan to do on things like this though, maybe next year if I can get most of the honey doooooo's caught up...LOL!

Thanks for the comment..... and by the way I'm normally the one who reads about everyone elses good luck..... But hey just like that old Tom Petty song says.... "even the loozers get lucky sometimes"

Map .wee.