has anyone .....

GoldenMotor.com

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
has anyone tried an ORYG setup for double braking?
been looking around for an alternative to save space on the handlebars, and this is what ive come up with.

using the ORYG (gyro as us 80s bmx'ers use to call it) 1 handle, 1 cable and 2 brakes. with this, i can also get a scooter handle, with the cable for brake lights.

edit: and i do have the double brake handle. i just cant figure out how to get a sensor in for the lights :s

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Oh yeah, Gyro and Oryg are different companies that made the same product. Oryg is just Gyro backwards. I always took mine off and ran no brakes. Tore up A LOT of right shoes tho. Still ride my bmx the same to this day,26 years later.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
Oh yeah, Gyro and Oryg are different companies that made the same product.
ooo.. ok.. that kinda makes sense .. lol.
hadnt done much reading on oryg, but i thought it was the mtb version of gyro, and gyro was bmx. or maybe they had changed there name for some reason... lol

seems this plan may not work for me :(
i can only find them for 1 1/8" steertube. mine is 1" :-||
gonna call a bike shop in a little bit once they open up. hopefully they can find one, or let me know how to modify it :)

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I might have the neck pieces....under the bearing cup,chrome rotational device(terminology?),and the washer piece that goes on the fork tube. I might have cables too,I will look and let you know if you are interested? I'm not sure,but the ones I have are ALL from 1 inch headtubes. All my parts are interchangeable except some of the older cruiser forks take a different stem....wow,that got away from me!

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
appreciate the offer D, thx, but the shipping to my end would probly be more than the bikeshop is charging for the entire unit :s

just got off the phone with them. 1" gyro with top and bottom cables $30 :D

now i need to get me a handle.. lol