Damp-Pro kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Bryman31

May 6, 2010
Colorado
is something like this necessary? does the engine benefit from this? i ask cause my stealth is on the way, and if i can get rid of vibrations that seems good huh?

thank you

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I doubt it'd do anything much to reduce felt vibration or provide any "benefit" for the engine itself as it's primary effect would be to reduce the noise you hear, mostly the clutch cover - which resonates like a drum head and amplifies the horrid sounds of poorly machined gears ;)

The two most predominate sources of undue felt vibration are the stock "rag joint" rear sprocket adapter and the kit chain tensioner, it's true a single cylinder 2-stroke vibrates quite a bit, but it's not the worst cause with these kits BTW - replace those and it's a night & day difference :)

Last edited:

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
Its purpose is to reduce sounds coming out of the engine. It is a sticky substance with a foil facing cut to fit inside the three removeable covers on the HT motor. It can do no harm and may make it a little bit quieter. I will find out one day soon as I have the kit sitting on my work bench. If you have a loud exhaust don't bother but if you would like to be as quiet as possible it may help.

Jim

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's a really irritating noise. sounds like there's ballbearings bouncing around in your engine. i try to dampen it as much as possible, so i can hear when ballbearings really start bouncing around in my engine...

Rocksolidperson

Feb 11, 2012
Australia
look at my build, i have the damp pro kit, yes they do help with the noise. A good bang for the buck to help you here a little for pop from ya exhaust rather than a clank of straight cut gears

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
I havent used the damp pro kit but I did quieten the noise from the gears a lot. I removed the cover, removed the plug & while pulling the chain from jackshaft to chainring with the bike supported off ground, sprayed castrol chain lube lightly on the gears. Its sticky enough to stay on better than moly grease & works well. Just dont drown it so it gets down onto ur clutch. Cheers