Rear drum sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Manic Mechanic may be able to make a custom sprocket. Otherwise, get a jackshaft/shifter kit from SBP that drives your pedal chain.

cat341

Nov 4, 2011
New York
Manic Mechanic may be able to make a custom sprocket. Otherwise, get a jackshaft/shifter kit from SBP that drives your pedal chain.
Thanks for the info. I notice all the jackshaft/shifter kits are used along with multi speed sprockets, I haven't seen any used with a single speed as of yet. The Worksman that I would be installing it on is a single speed, I'm wondering if it makes any difference?

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
what size spokes would you need to lace one of these puppies into a 24 inch rim then you could just bolt on a sprocket? its a motobecane rear drum hub.
glenn dnut

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
were you able to use your original spokes or did you have to get a custom length? i want to build one ! thanks glenn

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can use a singlepeed rear wheel with a shift kit. To my knowledge, you cannot use ashift kit to activate a coaster brake.

cat341

Nov 4, 2011
New York
You can use a singlepeed rear wheel with a shift kit. To my knowledge, you cannot use ashift kit to activate a coaster brake.
Ok great, this rear wheel is a single speed with the drum. Sounds like the jackshaft kit can be an alternative if I can't find a way to use some kind of modified sprocket for the drum.