80cc Jet thread size

GoldenMotor.com

burnclouds

Jun 17, 2009
ohio
I have an 80cc from BGF. I believe I need to re-jet as it bogs down at WOT. I was looking to DAX for new jets to try and he has to sets

RT Carb M6 Jet Kit. Sizes 65, 70, 75, 80, 85.
Only $5.99

RT Carb M5 Jet Kit. Sizes 60,65, 70, 75, 80.
Only $5.99

I'm just not sure which set I need to get. The bike is in another state right now so I can't just go measure the thread size. I figured you guys would be able to give me a good idea which one is correct.

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
if it's the NT or Speed Carb, (older stock carb) You need the 5mm jet kits. If it's the CNS carb, you need to get an NT or Speed carb, and the 5mm jet kit. =P

Seriously, that CNS is just a travesty. Either that or pick up a Dellorto knockoff from Treatland or 1977 mopeds. They have a nice one with air/fuel screw.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I've never used one, but it sounds to me like the CNS is complete junk. Every day I read about people having problems with their CNS.

My NT works just fine, but it sounds like a lot of people have success with the Dellorto carbs. The Dax RT carb is pretty much the same as the Dellorto.

I don't know if the RT carb jets for sale from Dax are going to fit in an NT or CNS carb. I'm actually waiting for a reply from Duane to see if they do.

If you want to redrill the jet yourself, you can buy a pack of mini drill bits with the right size bit, fill the jet with rosin-core solder and drill it by hand.

EDIT: The RT carb jets will only fit in the RT carb.

Last edited:

burnclouds

Jun 17, 2009
ohio
So from looking at pictures of the CNS carb and the NT carb, I definitely have the NT carb. I'm wondering If I should just buy the jet kit for $6 or get the new RT carb for $30. What does the RT carb get me that the NT doesn't?