xl schwinn stingray HELP

GoldenMotor.com

Jampac93

Sep 7, 2010
New York
hi guys, my name is John, i am new to the forums, and would love some needed advice from experienced builders. here's my back story. if you want to skip to helping me, (THANK YOU) just skip down.

hi, i live in Syracuse new york, I'm 15, (don't act it) and have an obsession for motorsports. i have had dirt bikes, and LOVE them. now, i built a motorized bicycle back almost 2 years ago by myself, and loved it. the kit was a jet 66/80 from zone8cyclng. i was the coolest 7th grader in the school. LOL. however, i did a terrible job with the build, and a few moths later, i broke my ankle, and another bone in my foot, and was in bed for weeks, crutches for months. i even had to get surgery, when it wouldn't heal right! now im fianlly better, and want to do it all again!

SKIP TO HERE

so, what i want to do is do a Schwinn chopper build. Wednesday, i am buying an XL Schwinn chopper, MINT condition, for 50 bucks. yes i said 50!!! the only problem it has, is very minor rust on the front forks (removable, i just don't know how, and the hand grips are ripped (which i wont need anyways) now, i need EVERYTHING else.

IF U KNOW ANYTHING THAT WOULD HELP WITH WHAT I NEED, PLEASE REPLY
-the best
2 stroke motor kit for under 200 and link to it (thinking grubee..?)
-best motor mount for Schwinn choppers on eBay and link
-best muffler if they even make one for the XL Schwinn choppers
-headlight and blinkers link?
-maybe smaller rear sprocket if you think ill need it
-better chain if needed?
-HELP, ADVICE, AND TIPS PLEASE.

I'm really excited for this build, and would like some honest criticism, advice, help, and to meet a group of cool guys. thanks so much for reading all of this. hope to get some replies!

paparoach

May 7, 2009
Virginia
First off how the heck did you find a XL for 50 bucks? I have a standard OCC and it was a headache but in the end fun. I dont know much about the XL but if the rear wheel specs are the same pirate cycles has the best rear sprocket. piratecycles1.com. The motor mount is available from a dude named Barry on ebay. He also makes custom exhausts. Good luck and i want to see pics.

Jampac93

Sep 7, 2010
New York
First off how the heck did you find a XL for 50 bucks? I have a standard OCC and it was a headache but in the end fun. I dont know much about the XL but if the rear wheel specs are the same pirate cycles has the best rear sprocket. piratecycles1.com. The motor mount is available from a dude named Barry on ebay. He also makes custom exhausts. Good luck and i want to see pics.
What's up man? I still can't believe it either! Now I used some steel wool on the forks (didn't need the cleaner) and yet look like new! (thanks to the guy above). I know a guy that would pay 200 for the bike now, but I can let her go. It is MINT. put new hand grips, took all the stickers off, thanks to some goo gone, and just needs some rusty bolts repaired. I feel like stealing for only paying 50 bucks.
Thanks alot for the info on the sprocket and mount. I'll be ordering them soon. I just need to figure out where and what motor to get. I was thinking of a jet 80cc slant head (worried about the skyhawks piece of s#%! carb.) also I was thinking of buying from zone8cycling, but then I found out the same guys that have gasbike and kingsbikes bought them out..if anyone knows a good place.

PICTURES UP TOMORROW!!! Oh and I got some old saddlebags I put on, amazing fit!!! Thanks for the help guys

onefast68

Jan 25, 2010
texas
i built mine last summer..search my post..i have a thread with alot of info..i will take a couple new pics and post them...now has billet tree forks ,different pipe also...the disc brakes really made it more fun to ride.