Got a Bike!

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Zoom Window - Bargain Outfitters Product

I decided my aluminum Mongoose Paver wasn't up to having a Morini motor mounted so I went looking for a chopper. Was thinking on a Jessie James but found the Bigmo LA on ebay with a local sale only tag. I knew that would limit the price and I got it for $76.99! OCC here are $125 or so but I just didn't like the room for the motor. If I hadn't got this then a Schwinn Landmark would have been the bike but I'm very happy with the Bigmo :)

I'll be starting a thread on construction after I pick it up. Should be an interesting build.

hehehe, title should be "GOT a Bike" ;)

edit: TYVM, mods for correcting my spelling in my title :D

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I pick it up Monday night, first chance I have to pick it up.

Studying the frame leads me to think the idler pully will have to go where the chain goes under the lower wheel tubing due to the brake being there. As I have read here one of the mods have built the back rim sprocket mount by drilling the hub and mounting direct to that, I'm hopeing that's true. I have a 50 tooth with the smaller bolt circle and I think it will work.

Yah, I did a lot of eye-balling and I hope I don't need glasses :p

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Sounds good DaveC ! Got my fingers crossed for you hope its a easy install. Building these is half the fun!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
dave, ya gotta get that drive sprocket out their to clear the tire. i used a moped hub with a treatland 58 tooth sprocket [on a dyno roadster 26'' 250 hookworms] and i put a idler gear on the r/s top motor mount of the s5n head on the peddle side lines up perfect. oh cant wait for college football. here in so cal they got a high school with a new blue gridiron! BIG news!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Blue is taking over the gridiron :) One of our old carpets went up to the Artic Circle to a high school up in Alaska hehe. BSU pre-season rank #7!!

I think I'm going to have to strech the frame. 4"-5" on the bottom and 3"-4" on the top tube. Like in the photo you can see the tubes are curved and if I cut in the right spots I can weld in a 1" rake as well as adding 4" to the overall length + the rake will add about 2". It might be more. I have to wait to measure for sure because I'm either getting a king/queen chopper seat I saw at the cycle salvage or making one myself. I need it in position before I can measure how much I can add to the frame.

I'm looking for a tank that looks right, too. Hard to find and expensive. Best I've seen so far was on eBay and when the bid went over $100 I dropped out :) There's a kinda cool tank that came off of Chaparral minibikes for $80 shipped but I'm hopeing to go to the salvage yard and score a good one cheap.

Tank and beat up old chopper seat for under $100, yah, I don't want much ;)