Light Lane

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm impressed. It gives me an idea too. I have a device that shoots a red laser line for marking straight lines on walls, floors etc. I wonder how well it would show up at night if I attached it to a bike and aimed it down toward the road like the one in your link. I don't see the advantage of the line on the right side but drivers should be able to see the left one. I might experiment a little and post the results here.
Good find. Thanks for sharing.
Tom

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
I dont know, might have to experiment a little.

I have one of those too, just a little worried what effect normal road vibrations might have on the mirrors in the scanner. Secondly liability if one were to blind someone from malfunction and or graze our finest citizens in blue. might have to build some sort of curtain/blinders (no pun intended) to keep that liablility down.

Additionally a really really robust mounting scheme. From my previous experiments you really need a robust light mount to survive motorised builds.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I see your concern about lasers in the eyes but this device I have just shoots a red line that is safe to look at. It's not like one of those laser pointers. I'll play with it and let you know. I still like the one in your vid.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just tried mine...:(
The line is too short and probably wouldn't be visible outside at night unless it was in total dark. Any ambient light would make it invisible. Rats! Well, it was worth a try.
Guess I'll have to explore the real thing.
Tom