Where do I find one? Magneto Question

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Great Magneto Mystery

The real Mystery is where to get one... I've looked all over and can not find it. Are they only available in stock Grubee motors? Or are they Urban myths? Or simply unavailable until the old stock runs out? :p

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I would put my money on old stock being cycled out first - but, technically you'd think if you got a new 2011 kit, it'll have a 2011 magneto (unless a shady retailer swaps em out to move old stock).

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Looks like a 6 with a number before it, so 2006 I would imagine. Just clean.
It has the right amount of mounting holes too. If they're not the official Grubee things, maybe Mr. Grubee copied them. Or maybe just clean like you say. Hmm.

EDIT:
Also something else to note. I just took my mag out to replace it and it has the whole date on it. The orientation of the date puts the year first and either the day or month where you see that 9 on the one I posted. I'm betting this is the new style.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
It does look right. Hope they re-stock the same things. When you look at the photos the older ones show varnish soaking the cloth wrapping, the new ones don't.

I'll be watching them.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
...and it says they have 3 :p If there are any left at the start of the month I'll be getting one, all I can do is hope that it's the new and correct one.

I keep hoping an "official" spokesman from Grubee could help us out. They are missing out on sales when they don't. I like hustlers, guys that get out and sell their stuff. Many here but not the right ones for this, I guess :/

I just emailed Grubee...if that means anything...

Last edited: