Funny Idle With A Boost Bottle

GoldenMotor.com

da1nonlysteven

Dec 31, 2010
Oshawa Ontario
Hi there!

Just installed a boost bottle on my 80 cc Zoombikes Kit. I have noticed a significant upper end power band improvement, with the lower end lagging a little more than usual.

There is one problem I have however.

When the clutch is Engaged ( Bike Running under Motor Power) the bike runs fine and sounds just like its supposed too.

When the clutch is Disengaged ( No Motor Power To Bike) the bike suddenly revs really high, like super high, almost full throttle sounding. If you wait a little bit while standing still ( But not coasting) it will eventually come down ( approx 20-30 seconds later)

Any ideas on what could be causing this? My first thought was a sticky throttle slide but that all seems A.Ok, and I have already played with the idle setting on the STOCK carb, getting it as low as I can w/o stalling. Bike seemed normal before the boost bottle install, it works great and I don't want to get rid of it if I don't have too !

Thanks in advance,

Steven Gill

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
maybe a vacuum leak, explains the no load rev and the lean out might explain the top end power, check the fittings and hose if you find a leak seal it. re-jet one size smaller reset the clip and I'll bet you will go strong all the time