Starfire/Skyhawk

GoldenMotor.com

matty67

Feb 6, 2011
perth australia
Just a quick question from australia while on the subject of bottom ends. I have a Starfire GT-80(66cc) and its ok till it revs high and vibrates badly. I have read specifications that the Skyhawk Super Rat 80(70cc) has a 2mm increase in stroke and revs to 7000rpm instead of 5000rpm like the starfire, but has the same size piston, will that crank and piston assembly bolt into the starfire crankcase to increase power, revs and smoothness??

gearhead

Mar 6, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Fl
Just a quick question from australia while on the subject of bottom ends. I have a Starfire GT-80(66cc) and its ok till it revs high and vibrates badly. I have read specifications that the Skyhawk Super Rat 80(70cc) has a 2mm increase in stroke and revs to 7000rpm instead of 5000rpm like the starfire, but has the same size piston, will that crank and piston assembly bolt into the starfire crankcase to increase power, revs and smoothness??
Hi Matty67, there is no quick answer unless someone else tried this mod.. The biggest concern would be the piston hitting the bottom of the cylinderhead or the spark plug and that is assuming that everything else is the same. Higher revving engines usually have a shorter stroke and by the time you acquire all the parts it may be cheaper and quicker to just buy the bigger motor. Take care, Gearhead..wee.