Where To Find A Stretch Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I've built a couple of stretches. I do not reccommend Micargi. I currently have a Greenline and so far so good. Out of all the bikes I've built...the stretches seem the most comfortable. I've had my eye on a Kustom Kruiser on Ebay for $279 including shipping which I think is a very good deal. From what I understand...the Kustom Kruiser is a quality bike. This dealer evidently has several of them.NEW "GT Dyno" Kustom Kruiser Roadster, Black, Cruiser - eBay (item 200271459099 end time Nov-11-08 09:40:29 PST)

Last edited:

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
I've built a couple of stretches. I do not reccommend Micargi. I currently have a Greenline and so far so good. Out of all the bikes I've built...the stretches seem the most comfortable. I've had my eye on a Kustom Kruiser on Ebay for $279 including shipping which I think is a very good deal. From what I understand...the Kustom Kruiser is a quality bike. This dealer evidently has several of them.NEW "GT Dyno" Kustom Kruiser Roadster, Black, Cruiser - eBay (item 200271459099 end time Nov-11-08 09:40:29 PST)
Red a little insight please: I have a Micargi Tahiti with the motor and it seems to be very well constructed. Even the guy at the LBS commented on its construction and he deals in very expensive bikes. Is there something different when you get the stretched models? Is the Greenline better constructed? I was thinking about the micargi stretch, from what you said, I am glad I waited.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
So far so good on the Greenline. I think Spooky's frame favors the Kustom Kruiser because of the straight down tube. The Greenline has a slight "S" shape.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I bought a Kustom Kruiser "Deuce" a few weeks ago for $150.00. The guy has 5-6 more. They're all new on his showrom floor.

It is a quality made bike! Unfortunately GT has discontinued this line.

I'm 6'2" and this bike works for me! It's going to make a great Motorbike!

I had thought about buying all of them...The store owner said I could have them all for $120.00ea. There are different models and colors.

I would go buy all that he has left if there is any interest from forum members that want to buy one. I have no idea what shipping will cost?

Jim

Attachments

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada

I got the last one he is selling at 279...wants 329 shipped for the rest...9 more...should be a nice addition to my chrome Greenline...still will need an orange one though

DeusExMachina

Nov 29, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hello all. First post.
As already noted by others, I can get the KK roadster for $329 (just raised from $279, while it was in my cart… grr.)
I can also get the Greenline stretch for $261.
Both prices include shipping.

Although I like the lines of the KKR better, is it worth the extra money?
If the cost were the same, which would you all say was the better

Last edited:

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
CREATIVE ENGINEERING: glad you told us they discontinued the Duece.
getting and keeping the sprocket true,straight, and keeping the chain clear of the tire was a nightmare. i switched to a regular back wheel a few months ago. like my avater? haha.
now, i'll have to take the GT down off my flickr for builds for sale.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
CREATIVE ENGINEERING: glad you told us they discontinued the Duece.
getting and keeping the sprocket true,straight, and keeping the chain clear of the tire was a nightmare. i switched to a regular back wheel a few months ago. like my avater? haha.
now, i'll have to take the GT down off my flickr for builds for sale.
I was really dissapointed to find out they had discontinued this bike. It's a nice bike, and from what I can see on thier site they don't have anything that is similar in thier new product line-up.

I've been looking at the chain "run" from the engine to the rear wheel. It is going to be close!!! Just from general observation it looks like it will need about a 3/8" to 1/2" off-set of the engine sprocket to do it! Arrrghhh more custom layout work and machining. The pedals clear, so I will probably make an offset engine sprocket, and a custom clutch actuator. I think this bike's going to be worth the extra trouble. I want to doll it up with a ton of custom machined parts just for fun.

Jim

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
Hello all. First post.
As already noted by others, I can get the KK roadster for $329 (just raised from $279, while it was in my cart… grr.)
I can also get the Greenline stretch for $261.
Both prices include shipping.

Although I like the lines of the KKR better, is it worth the extra money?
If the cost were the same, which would you all say was the better
I am by no means an expert on bicycles but do now own a chrome Greenline and just got the blackcherry Kustom Kruiser...overall the KK looks like it is finished a bit better and has heavier spokes although the Greenline has twice as many...never seen a painted Greenline as mine is chrome but the blackcherry on the KK is nice...the front tube on the KK is straight and the Greenline is curved.
E-mailed BicycleBananas about the price increase cuz i wanted to get another and they said the price went up cuz they had less than 10 left and no one else in the US was selling them for less even with the increase...i have since ordered 2 more for buddies at $329. Got the actual Fedex bill with the first 2 i got and it was over $90 shipped to N Dakota.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Spunout
I like your blog, very upbeat. Sounds like great prices too.
thanks for the kind words. admittedly, my prices might be a little high on the stretch and BIg meanie, but they're quite a bit more work. if i have to do it, might as well make it worth my time.

I've been looking at the chain "run" from the engine to the rear wheel. It is going to be close!!! Just from general observation it looks like it will need about a 3/8" to 1/2" off-set of the engine sprocket to do it! Arrrghhh more custom layout work and machining.

Jim
hmmm... thats more work than i did. i just used three spacers between wheel and sprocket. then, there was that whole coaster brake arm nightmare.

back on topic, to OP- check out skatesonhaight.com for a greenline bc-103 for $199 + $67 to ship. thats as cheap as i can find

misterkill

Oct 10, 2010
E. Moline, IL
Hello all!

I am a total newbie buying my 1st bike out of Chicago. It is a used Dyno Kustom Kruiser. I wondered if this model ever came in a 3 speed? If not, is a kit available? Lastly, once I get it, where is the best place to score parts? I apologize if I have broken any protocol 1st post.

I have attached a pic of the bike.

kill

Thank you all in advance!