my first stretched dyno roadster

GoldenMotor.com

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
Subscribed

I have a question about those stretch bikes. Sometimes I see people riding them leaning way forward. Is that just style or is that necessary for some reason? Could you put a backrest on one of those and lean back a bit? maybe the handlebars would need to be extra long.

foryourride

Aug 7, 2010
Antelope (sacramento) CA
Subscribed

I have a question about those stretch bikes. Sometimes I see people riding them leaning way forward. Is that just style or is that necessary for some reason? Could you put a backrest on one of those and lean back a bit? maybe the handlebars would need to be extra long.

you dont need to lean forward its just relaxing on a cruise for me

foryourride

Aug 7, 2010
Antelope (sacramento) CA
well i rode around for alittle with the bent forks and did not like the handling very much and with a motor on there i cant see the handling being any better at 35 mph so i went back to the stock forks

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I am preparing to build a stretch cruiser also, and I am wondering how the handling is with that bent springer front end? I have a standard springer on my cruiser now and it is noticeably less stable. Especially at low speeds. I really like the look and the drop that front end gives though! plus the extra streeeetch.
That is a real nice looking bike so far, cant wait to see more pics as I wait for the arizona summer to die down to begin my build.

foryourride

Aug 7, 2010
Antelope (sacramento) CA
I am preparing to build a stretch cruiser also, and I am wondering how the handling is with that bent springer front end? I have a standard springer on my cruiser now and it is noticeably less stable. Especially at low speeds. I really like the look and the drop that front end gives though! plus the extra streeeetch.
That is a real nice looking bike so far, cant wait to see more pics as I wait for the arizona summer to die down to begin my build.

when i added the bent forks it became very unstable. so since the engine is going on i will use the standard forks for around the house and when taking it to car shows i will put on the bent forks that i am modifing

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thats what I figured- more unstable. Dang but they sure look good! I might mess around with cutting the head and changing the angle its self and running a suspension fork or just a straight fork and see how that handles. I want the stretch but has to be safe at the same time. I am already planning on cutting up a cranbrook frame for this project so a few more welds is not a big deal, its an experiment bike any ways so what the heck! I'll keep looking for pics of your progress! good luck!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
good looking bike,looks like it fits in that line,,,
The drop down line from the front axle(to the ground) should be three to four inches back from the extended line of the head tube angle (to the ground),,this is a general bike steering set-up for regular control