Expansion Chamber on Rat Rod

GoldenMotor.com

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
That is a really long head pipe. I like the aesthetics, but cannot help but think the power pulse timing would be far from optimized. Where did it move your power band to? Nice work regardless.

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
I can't help but agree with Gareth. your header pipe is way too long.

Lengthening the header has the effect of increasing mid-range power at the expense of a drop in maximum hp. This is a direct quote from info I've discovered online.

:-||

Last edited:

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
That header pipe looks shorter the the SBP expansion chamber, so it should work fine. I really like the way that exhaust looks I'm prolly gonna try to duplicate it

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
That is one cool looking bike. I like everything about it .
I don't think or say that very often.
Nice job!
Please tell us that you are gonna put some decent brakes on it.
I don't see any and that scares me from my riding experience.
Coaster brakes won't do it.
That triple tree front end is something I've always wanted and the tank is fantastic.
I'm betting that a nice silencer is in your future. I have neighbors too.
again, nice job and watch that chain tension also.
Tim aka A/C man

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks Tim. I did make a very cool silencer and will post some new pics soon. You are right about the brakes as the bike does a true 40. I have been lucky so far. I see we are in the same trade hvac that's cool. Check back for new pictures

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey ChuCheen,

The latest modifications since the last ride: new roller cam, roller rockers, ported head, high compression piston and 3:73 gears. Now I need some brakes...lol

JK its still the same see you on the next ride and I will make sure you get your "In N Out"

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The pipe has been completed for a while and works well as my co-riders noticed. It has the option of un-screwing the silencer off with your hands for the un-corked option. It does have a noticeable power difference with no silencer. This little feature is nice and will be put on all my exhaust from now on. With this option you are able to tune this pipe by the length of the silencer "A Quick Swap"

Attachments