So what would you do with this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

rm26x

Apr 23, 2010
Grand Blanc, MI
Just looking for some ideas as what to do with this bike. I have a 26" hybrid mountain bike I am already converting with a rack mount friction drive system.

Thinking something more "motorcycle-ish" with this one.

.shft.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Yeah your probably right, also looking at the Harbor Freight 2.5hp 4 stroke engine idea.
Here's another motor option the Chinese Cloned Honda Mini Trail Bike 50cc fully automatic 4-stroke motor.

I have a build similar to yours it's a Schwinn OCC-Stingray Chopper with a 50cc/110cc semi automatic 4-stroke. You'd probably have to remove your seat down tube and add a wide pedal crank.

Here's a Honda Mini Trail 50cc:

Here's forum Member Civlized Stretch Cruiser Build using the Horizontal Cloned Mini Trail Bike 50cc motor:

This one has the full electric package:

Civlized 4-stroke 50cc motorized bicycle Stretch Cruiser:

Or if you could send that Bike to Venice Motor Bikes, and let him trick that bike out, he'll build you a 1st Place Show Bike. If you haven't checked out his website do so his builds are amazing!!!

Here's the Link to his website:
Venice Motor Bikes, motorized bicycle sales, bicycle engine kits, service, parts.

C'mon Venice show us one of your builds with a Horizontal 4-stroke Honda Mini Trail 50cc!!!

You can do it!
http://www.moviewavs.com/0085412111/WAVS/Movies/Waterboy/youcandoitallnightlong.wav

rm26x, good luck with your build.

C.H.

rm26x

Apr 23, 2010
Grand Blanc, MI
Hmm thats an idea as well. Good looking bike. I see myself building up several of these over time, as there are several styles I want to try. It helps that I am a small engine mechanic by trade as well.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
man, I love the bags on civilized's stretch :)
someone wanted me to mount and engine on one of those frames,,,I don't have the equipment for that kind of fabbing :(

good luck and lots of pics please :)

rm26x

Apr 23, 2010
Grand Blanc, MI
I am thinking of just using a HT kit for this one, and thinking a 5L mini keg under the seat would make a killer fuel tank. Cant say I care for the included tank all that much.

Will post pictures for sure. Have to get the bike first, having a few issues with the seller so may end up with a different frame, but will be the same style bike.

On a side note...
Plans are in the long run to offer bikes turnkey for sale, but want to get a few different types under my belt first so I can have some knowledge of them and make sure things are safe for people. Being a small engine mechanic by trade I can offer service on the bikes and engines as well for my customers which I think will be a big help for them.
Around here, people want the "ride it now" factor, not the take it home and put it together factor.