EZR's Full Suspension Summer Project

GoldenMotor.com

rfriesen

Aug 3, 2009
Omaha, NE
I don't know much at all about motors yet. You replaced the bushing with a wrist pin bearing? What is a wrist pin?
How many miles can you expect out of a morini? How rough can you be with a morini? Can you treat it like it were a motocross bike?

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
i put 1200 miles. Chines in frame. it still runs like new. the only problem I've had are broken or striped bolts. some are from me over tighten. its all about money. you get a good product at a good price

rfriesen

Aug 3, 2009
Omaha, NE
Cool. That's good to hear. Who did you get your engine/kit from? Did you make any kind of adjustments and replacements to it right away?

update: I ordered my engines on a wednesday and received them the following wednesday. Boy, when people say these are made of 'pot metal' they really mean it. I haven't installed it yet. I took it out and looked at all the parts. I took the cylinder head off to take a look inside though. I have NO idea what this little metal arm is that can rotate 1/4 turn. If I try to make it go further it pushes on the small motor sprocket. What is that?? (I've only done small maintenance on my vehicles so I know nothing about motors.)

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I don't know much at all about motors yet. You replaced the bushing with a wrist pin bearing? What is a wrist pin?
How many miles can you expect out of a morini? How rough can you be with a morini? Can you treat it like it were a motocross bike?
You can expect over 10K miles for these morinis and the best part is...you can rev the living day lights out of them and they keep running.

jude

Feb 16, 2009
australia,nsw
i beleave its a GT LTS LATE 90's found on ebay australia around 250 bucks , i have just bought rocky mountain 2003 full suspension frame , hand made in canada 360 bucks off ebay , good luck , frame only.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I found one of those Armadillo 700c tires in the dead tire bin at work. It was bald and down to the casing in a couple places, unrideable, with the tire tread belt peeling off the casing in places, probably from the heat of the air compressors wafting into the back room. But the casing was solid!
I want to buy some of these now!

Are you going for a 4-stroke rack mount Easy? Wioth a NuVinci Hub? BTW I use those Armadillos and they are a great tyre. They're a rubber compound tread on kevlar walls. Great on corners. That frame looks like it will be a comfortable and fast ride.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Here's my story on motored bicycles. Yes I don't want to register or insure any motorcycle. I love the fact that its legal to ride without a motorcycle license. It's more of a hobby than a means of transportation for me. I had a motorcycle that I rode in college but once my first son was born, the Mrs. said its time to get rid of the bike. It didn't help my cause by doing wheelies and the many close calls I had when I was younger. Also during that time one of our good friends passed away from a motorcycle accident. I was ready to give it up after that and don't crave to own another one.
This bike was under a grand and most of the cost was the motor which is now on my other bike.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm pretty sure its a standard 1 1/8" tube. Usually cruisers come with a 1" steering tube. I had a few different front forks on there and every one were mountain bike forks.

fpjeepy05

Jun 4, 2010
Noank, CT
I'm new here and I don't mean to hijack your post, but I wasn't sure where to post this. Anyways... Why doesn't anyone use multi-speed clutches on any of these motorized bikes. I was looking in ebay and you can get a 50cc Wildfire moped with a 4 speed clutch brand new for $600. Wouldn't a 3 or 4 speed make these bike a whole lot quicker both low end and top end. I have a friend that is a dealer for them. I was thinking about seeing if they would ship me just a new transmission. I don't have a bike, but I love the SCSW Boxer just don't have the money right now. Someday. Crazy to think that I don't think I would ever want a motorcycle... but I would do just about anything to get my hands on a SCSW Boxer.